The new, `hidden' socialism
Tags: MEDICAL economics
- Health economics outlook: Two theories of health economics. Musgrave, Gerald L. // Business Economics;Apr95, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p7
Provides two theories and suggestions for health care reform in the United States. Diffuse nature of the health care industry; Political influence of suppliers; Views on health, health care goods and services, medicine and economics; Policy alternatives.
- The great health system reform myths of the 1990s. Hixson, Jesse S. // Business Economics;Apr95, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
Describes various myths and falsehoods in the American health care system. Political feasibility of the health care system; Approaches to correcting structural economic problems in the health care system; Benefits of competition between health plans.
- Getting it right on health care reform. Wiener, Joshua M. // Brookings Review;Winter94, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
Opinion. Discusses issues surrounding the Bill Clinton Health Care Plan. Government-run national health insurance plan versus market-oriented reform plan; Taxation problems for the government-run model; Assessment of alternative; Cost containment method; Assessment of tax cap included in the...
- How to share the burden. Weiner, Joshua M.; Illston, Laura Hixon // Brookings Review;Spring94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p16
Discusses the economic aspects of long-term health care reform in the 1990s. Rising costs of health care and nursing homes for the elderly; Increasing strain on the American economy; Proposal of the Bill Clinton administration on long term-health care; Public and private sector initiatives;...
- Money talks. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;8/22/94, Vol. 138 Issue 16, p64
No abstract available.
- Three new seminars added to fall 1994 HFMEF calendar. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul94, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the addition of three seminars to the Healthcare Financial Management Educational Foundation's fall 1994 calendar. Titles; Topics covered; Date and venue; Contact information.
- HFMEF launches Managed Care Institute this fall. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug84, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p16
Reports on Healthcare Financial Management Educational Foundation's (HFMEF) launching of `The 1994 Managed Care Institute--Critical Success Factors for Capitation.' Date and venue; Design; Purpose of the institute; Offerings.
- Looking beyond cost. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;2/28/94, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p36
Discusses the challenges of analyzing cost-effectiveness to help establish public health priorities, drug formularies and product protocols. Debates over effectiveness; Health care economics; Hospitals' evaluation of products; Manufacturers' efforts to sell products and prioritize research;...
- Company notes. // Modern Healthcare;3/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p61
Reports on developments in the healthcare industry. Upgrade of Iowa bond ratings by Moody's Investors Service; Prepaying of mortgages by American Health Properties on two hospitals it acquired in 1987; Humana's purchase of minority interest in CMG health; Funding of a limited partnership by New...