- TEX-MEX. Hamann, Carlos // New Republic;4/15/96, Vol. 214 Issue 16, p14
Focuses on former U.S. Border Patrol Chief Silvestre Reyes, who wants to represent El Paso, Texas in the U.S. Congress in the 1996 elections. Origin of the residents of El Paso; Efforts of Reyes to stop the onslaught of migrants into the city; Characteristics of Mexican Americans; Factors that...
- Good neighbors. Nicley, Michael C. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Sep95, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p8
Features the US Border Patrol's Community Resource Development Program. Background on the Border Patrol's mandate; Features of the program; Participants' roles in the program.
- Border Patrol to double agents. // Wenatchee Business Journal;May97, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on the plans of the US Border Patrol to double the number of its field agents in Wenatchee, Washington.
- Violence up as border bristles with guns. Baldauf, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;6/19/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 145, p3
Reports on the increased efforts of the United State Border Patrol to apprehend individuals attempting to cross the border from Mexico to the US.
- Every agent's a drug agent. Gibney Jr., F. // Newsweek;5/1/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p27
Talks about the US Border Patrol, whose traditional job is to enforce immigration law, but is now involved in police work to interdict drugs or investigate the groups that smuggle them. Other agencies now involved; Changes in work and roles.
- Raiding Arizona. Paige, Sean // Insight on the News;07/26/99, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p10
Reports on the increase in immigration agents assigned to Douglas Station in Arizona and on the armies of undocumented aliens (UDA) that they track, apprehend, process and return to Mexico. Actions being taken by the United States Border Patrol in tracking UDA; Challenges facing the Border...
- Settlement sends signal on violence by border patrol. Davidson, Miriam // Christian Science Monitor;6/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 133, p3
Reports on the settlement reached between Mexican Dario Miranda's family and the Border Patrol Agent Michael Elmer and the US government. Incident of Miranda being killed at the border.
- Crossing the border. Wooster, Martin Morse // American Enterprise;May/Jun95, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p97
Summarizes the article `Does the Threat of Border Apprehension Deter Undocumented U.S. Immigration?' by Thomas J. Espenshade in the December 1994 issue of `Population and Development Review'. Effectiveness of increased Border Patrol manpower in deterring illegal immigrants; Lack of resources to...
- Border Patrol's Union Officials Say Agency Has Ignored Bounty Threat. // Human Events;06/30/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the allegation by the National Border Patrol Council, the union that represents rank-and-file United States (U.S.) Border Patrol agents, that the agency is unconcerned on their safety. Inaction of the U.S. Boarder Patrol administration to the threat made by Mexican drug traffickers...