Economic policy institute calls for an end to restrictions on RBOC's
Tags: ECONOMIC policy
- Editor's Introduction. Belenky, Vladimir M. // Problems of Economic Transition;Dec2009, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the importance of nexus rules as an effective economic policy in Russia, the effectiveness of economic theory rule of the game and the participation of Commonwealth of Independent States towards economic development.
- Stimulus bad, money good. Moulitsas, Markos // Hill;2/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p29
In this article the author discusses the opposition of the Republican party on President Barack Obama's economic stimulus bill in the U.S.
- Tunis Gets Real. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p18
Focuses on the economic situation in Tunisia as of November 2002. Reduction in the 2002 gross domestic product forecast; Trade deficit from January to October 2002; Overview of the futures market.
- A primer on Clintonomics. Niskanen, William A. // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer94, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p143
Discusses the 1994 Economic Report submitted by President Bill Clinton's Council of Economic Advisers. Keynesian macroeconomics; Chapter on microeconomic initiatives; Health care reform.
- No Euro paeans, yet. // Christian Science Monitor;3/5/97, Vol. 89 Issue 68, p20
Opinion. Focuses on the ramifications of uniting European nations under a single currency for the core nations, as well as synchronizing their economies. Effect that this will have on the economies of France and Germany; What Germany and France need to do to facilitate healthy and strong...
- The economy in perspective. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan1996, p1
Reports that the economic Growth and Price Stability Act of 1995 direct the Federal Reserve to promote price stability in the United States. References to employment and long-term interest rates; What changes may prove necessary to gain enactment.
- The politics of economic development. Christianson, Roger // Economic Development Review;Summer91, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p43
Discusses the inclusion of politics in economic development. Benefits and risks of political involvement; Listing of ways to work with elected officials.
- Stamford ferry not developer's priority. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/19/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the pending development of a Manhattan-bound ferry in Stamford Harbor, Connecticut. Efforts in pursuing the development of Admiral's Warf; Priority in solving traffic congestion and the provision of affordable housing; Accessibility to the waterfront.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;3/24/1973, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p74
An excerpt from an article on economic policy in Vietnam published in an issue of the "Indianapolis Star" newspaper in 1973 is presented.
- Notes. // OECD Economic Surveys: United States;Jun1999, p171
Presents explanatory notes on articles about U.S. economic policy.