Nominate a friend or organization for a National Freedom Award
- uncommom distinction. Dunn, Kimo // Warrior Citizen;Summer2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p34
The article reports on the honorary recognition given by Hawaii Congressional Gold Medal committee to veteran members of the Ninth Mission Support Command's 100th Battalion and 442nd Regimental Combat Team (RCT) in Hawaii.
- Freedoms Foundation National Awards Program. // Gifted Child Today;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Reports that the Freedom Foundation National Awards Program is seeking to publicly recognize and honor exceptional efforts of school children. Contact information.
- Honoring all veterans. Rushin, Cherry // Graham Leader;11/10/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p1A
The article reports on the 13th annual Veterans Day Tribute at Graham Memorial Auditorium in Young County, Texas. It states that all military men and women in attendance will be individually recognized. It notes that the event will be participated by the American Volunteer Reserve and...
- Golden Armor Parade Float Judging. // Officer Review Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p22
The article reports that on September 11, 2004, the City of Radcliff, Kentucky, hosted their annual Golden Armor Festival Parade, saluting their close relationship with their neighbor, Ft. Knox. For the first time, the Ft. Knox Chapter of MOWW presented a Patriotic Award for the float judged to...
- Patriot Coal receives reclamation awards. // Coal International;May/Jun2012, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p4
The article announces the awards given to Patriot Coal Corp. which include the Surface Mine Reclamation Award, the Habitat Award and the Turkey and Wildlife Habitat Award.
- THE CULTURAL IMPACT OF A GREAT SPORTING ACHIEVEMENT ON THE BOER COMMUNITY OF THE LATE 19TH CENTURY. van der Merwe, Floris J .G. // Canadian Journal of History of Sport;Dec90, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p47
The article focuses on the impact of a sporting achievement of a 19th century Colonial-born white sportsmen on the Boer community in South Africa. The shortage stamina in men from far-removed settlements played a role in the development of sport as an integral part of a cultural history in the...
- Producing patriotic inspiration at Mount Rushmore. Glass, Matthew // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Summer94, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p265
Examines the process of symbolic appropriation that began with the hard work done by the carvers of Mount Rushmore National Memorial focusing specifically on the production of patriotic inspiration at the memorial. Connection with sacred qualities carved into the mountain; Recognition of...
- A patriotic Left? Fonte, John // Commentary;Sep98, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on patriotism in the United States. Reference to the book `Achieving Our Country,' by Richard Rorty; Comments about multicultural education; Reference to a study conducted in the early 1900s in San Diego, California, which focused on the views of 5,000 students on patriotism.
- Against national culture. Appiah, Kwame Anthony // English in Africa;May96, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
Discusses Ghanaian patriotism in relation to South African patriotism. Relations of Ghana to South Africa; Ethnic identities present in Ghana; Introduction of the concept of cosmopolitan patriotism; Differentiation of patriotism from nationalism; Cosmopolitan challenge to liberalism.