People with congestive heart failure
- Ace inhibitor receives go-ahead for patients at risk of CHF. Rodman, Morton J.; Hurley, Mary Lou // RN;Feb94, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p78
Reports on the availability of enalapril maleate (Vasotec) to treat patients with asymptomatic left ventricular dysfuntion. Prescription for patients who have no symptoms of congestive heart failure (CHF); Dosage; Side effects.
- This nursing initiative reduces admission rates for CHF. Ferraro, Julia // RN;Feb97, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p15
Presents an abstract of a study entitled `A Nurse-Managed Congestive Heart Failure Program: Economic Impact on Admission Rate, Length of Stay, and Readmission Rate in a Community Hospital,' by N.J. Schwabauer, C.J. Martin, et al published in the 94th edition of the `Circulation' magazine. ...
- New beta-blocker shown to cut mortality rate. Alexander, Walter // Drug Topics;12/11/95, Vol. 139 Issue 23, p51
Reports on the benefits in congestive heart failure (CHF) patients by treatment with carvedilol, a vasodilating beta-blocker with antioxidant effects. Association of agent with improved mortality, hemodynamic and clinical status; Reduction of risks of worsening CHF; Approval of carvedilol in...
- Therapeutic options for congestive heart failure. Ross, Brendan S.; King, Jeffery M.; Fischer, Richard G. // Drug Topics;2/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p102
Presents information on congestive heart failure (CHF) with reference to its therapeutic options in the United States. Estimation of the amount of Americans who are afflicted with CHF; What have been associated with the increase prevalence and incidence of heart failure; Details on the diagnosis...
- Evaluation of treatment for congestive heart failure in patients aged 60 years and older using... Jenkinson, Crispin; Jenkinson, Damian // Age & Ageing;Jan1997, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p7
Evaluates treatment for congestive heart failure of older patients using generic measures of health status measures. Form 36 (SF-36) and Dartmouth COOP charts; Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor treatment; Indication for SF-36 and COOP charts health status measures; Standardized...
- CHF: Current strategies, future developments. Rodgers, Katie // Drug Topics;2/21/94, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the approaches for treating congestive heart failure (CHF). Digoxin; Diuretics; ACE inhibitors; Role of nitrates; Beta-blockers; Use of calcium-channel blockers; Development of CHF treatment; Increased CHF incidence.
- Treating congestive heart failure. Massin, Edward K. // Cortlandt Forum;1/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p165
Discusses the possible treatments at preventing or controlling congestive heart failure (CHF). Persons who are likely to develop CHF; Symptoms; Prognosis.
- Accupril approved for treating congestive heart failure. Dudash, Susanne L. // Drug Topics;12/13/93, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p26
Reports on the addition of adjunctive therapy for the treatment of congestive heart failure to the list of indications for the drug Accupril by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors; ACE side effects.
- `Managing' a disease may cut down on hospital stays. Bowser, Andrew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p33
Focuses on managing a disease as a means of cutting down on hospital stays. Views of cardiologist Lester Ducote; Reason some patients get worse when they are released from hospital; Description of a program created by Ducote's medical practice; Information on managing congestive heart failure.