Kalkar nuclear plant will be dismantled
- World's oldest operating nuclear power station closes down. // Click Green Newsletter;3/2/2012, Issue 10, p4
The article provides information on the closure of the oldest operating nuclear power plant Oldbury, near Bristol, England.
- Waste management is U.K. plant's new mission as it shuts down. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/22/98, Vol. 240 Issue 25, p14
Reports that the United Kingdom government's halt of commercial fuel reprocessing at the Dounreay nuclear plant in Scotland will switch its focus entirely to decommissioning and waste management. Estimated cost of retrieving and storing 700 cubic meters of underground radioactive wastes;...
- TVA invests for decommissioning. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Aug96, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the decommissioning of the nuclear power plants in Tennessee Valley, Texas. Tennessee Valley Authority's investment of $400 million into trust funds to ensure decommissioning of the nuclear plants; Projected investment rate of return.
- Power struggle. John, Geraint // Supply Management;7/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p4
Discusses the decommissioning of ageing nuclear power plants in Great Britain. Role of private companies in cleaning up the legacy of nuclear power; Estimated costs associated with the decommissioning; Allocation of risk in the supply chain.
- Cleaning up. Kaye, Chris // Supply Management;7/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p20
Discusses the role of private contractors in the decommissioning of aging nuclear power plants in Great Britain. Estimated costs associated with the decommissioning; Procurement models for different decommissioning projects; Role of liabilities management unit in the national clean-up challenge.
- Plan to bring down Windscale plant. Greek, Dinah // Professional Engineering;02/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the decommissioning of the Windscale nuclear power plant in Great Britain as of February 24, 1999. Background on the project; BNFL Magnox Generation's contract to complete the reactor dismantling; Project as an opportunity for British companies to learn lessons about nuclear power...
- ROCKY FLATS: CLOSING IN ON CLOSURE. Ackland, Len // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the closure of the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant in Colorado. Security measures at the site; Progress of the decommissioning work; Design of the facility; Concern of the United States Department of Energy.
- Wurgassen decommissioning. // Modern Power Systems;Nov95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the application of German utility firm PreussenElektra to the NorthshrineWestphalia ministry for a license to decommission the Wurgassen nuclear power plant. Possibility of upgrading the plant.
- the engineer in brief. // Engineer (00137758);10/3/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7825, p9
The article offers news briefs related to engineering in Great Britain as of October 2011 such as the funding round led by Imperial Innovation Group, alongside NESTA Investments and Invesco Perpetual, for Plaxica's development of the biopolymer called polylactic acid and the 109 million U.S....