Tags: SCHOOL districts
- New Jersey districts receive $197M for software and hardware, etc. // Electronic Education Report;09/30/98, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the allocation for school districts New Jersey to purchase computer software, hardware and staff development resources. Distance learning applications; Maintenance of technology centers.
- To speed traffic: Corona-Norco District shifts to foodcourt. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p1
Reports that Corona-Norco Independent School District of California, is taking final steps to make its QSRs total foodcourt concepts. Type of food products that students will be allowed to buy; How the introduction of Pizza Hut and three-tier pricing for reimbursable meal fueled revenue...
- Mobile carts next for Burleson, TX, dist.: New school foodcourt puts gourmet on the menu. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p52
Reports that the Burleson Independent School District in Texas is taking a proactive approach to foodservice with a soon-to-be-updated foodcourt concept, when it opens its eighth school in August 1997. Cost of the school; Annual operating budget for food service; Information on foodcourts...
- San Angelo school dist. in competition. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p20
Presents information the San Angelo Independent School district's entrance in the `Taste of San Angelo' sampling show. Detailed information on the district; Details on its self promotion; Comments from Kim Carter, food services director.
- For 20 units: New York school district rolls-out separate P&Ls. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p22
Reports that the Clarkstown Central School District in West Nyack, New York has started evaluating each of its 20 schools on a monthly basis. Aims of the program.
- PA school district remains self-op. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the plan of the Bensalem School District in Pennsylvania to retain its self-operating status. Cost savings associated with in-house operation; Plan to increase nutrition awareness.
- 106 Texas school districts selected for state debt service aid. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p30
Reports that Texas has chosen 106 school districts to give $64 million to cover some of their annual debt service. Financing of new buildings and high-technology equipment; Built-in safeguards in the program.
- Bond defeat has Louisiana School District in tough spot. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;11/18/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30275, p1
Focuses on the dilemma facing School District officials of East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana when their borrowing initiative was rejected by voters. Aim of borrowing initiative to improve district's schools and facilities; Percent of voter turnout; Reaction of the school board.
- Southern New Jersey school district fighting inner battle over growth. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30288, p1
Reports on the battle resulting in New Jersey school district in relation to the overcrowding being encountered in schools. Information on the dissolving of the school district so as to gain more access to bond funding; Background information on the creation of the district; Comments from...
- Dallas' troubled school district considers requesting new debt power. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/19/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30296, p6
Presents information on turmoil in the Dallas Independent School District, Texas, while focusing on administrators who are seeking authority to issue general obligation debt n 1998. Details on decisions to be made the administrators; Comments by school treasurer, William Measures; Information on...