The coming bank scandal
- FDIC said to have $50 billion deficit. Cintron, Hiram // Caribbean Business;7/29/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p18
Reports on Boston College finance professor Edward J. Kane's comments on the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s (FDIC) $50 billion deficit on an accrual basis. Protection of taxpayers' interest and reduction of burden on competitors as the purpose of regulation; Improvement Act of 1991 (FDICIA);...
- Some bankers here voice optimism. Ripley, Richard // Journal of Business (10756124);3/21/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, pB1
Reports the projections for the 2002 business by bankers in Spokane, Washington. Growth of loans; Credit quality; Labor employment.
- Earnings forecast changes. // American Banker;09/04/98, Vol. 163 Issue 170, p20
Presents statistical information on a forecast of earnings-per-share in the United States banking industry. Identification of the banks; Analysts rating stock.
- Regional review: Japan. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p7
Reports that the banking crisis looms in Japan, according to United States investment bank Morgan Stanley. Announcement of Matsushita Electric Works of a massage chair; Decline in automotive production.
- Chapter 4: Special Report. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p27
The article forecasts the development of the banking industry worldwide from 2009 to 2013.
- Keeping the high-tech high-touch. Biere, Ann // Bank Marketing;May97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p42
Provides information on the substantial changes occurring in the world of banking. Brief information about the traditional approach in banking; Two potentially damaging consequences that should be considered in handling customer interactions through automated services; Key points to consider in...
- Data stream. // Bank Marketing;May97, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p54
Reports about the percentage of community banks that favor in repealing the Glass-Steagall Act which would eliminate barriers between the banking and securities industries in United States.
- PC banking to grow rapidly. // Bank Marketing;Apr98, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p14
Forecasts the growth of electronic banking in the United States by the year 2000.
- Big Banks Eye Another Good Year as Diversified Revenue Smoothes Returns in Sluggish Economy. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p18
Reports projections on the status of the banking sector in California for the year 2003. Viability of banks to survive with the recession; Performance of the non-interest paying checking accounts of large banks; Impact of the heightened interest rates on demand.