- EAP's, Another 'E' Service in Today's Stressful Workplace. Cummings, Peter C. // San Diego Business Journal;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p83
Focuses on the importance of employee assistance programs (EAP) in countering workplace stress in San Diego, California. Services offered in EAP; Impact of job stress on the acquisition of chronic health problems; Benefits of EAP access to both workers and employers; Management of chronic work...
- Alternative ways to take out stress. Butler, Siobahn // People Management;5/16/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p43
Describes the employee assistance program available to employees of cable company Cable Midland in Great Britain. Stress management courses offered by the company to employees; Cost of the program; Effects of the program to the employees; Benefits gained by the company on the program.
- When stress becomes a timebomb. Huneault, Greg // Northern Ontario Business;Sep99, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p18B
Discusses the growing role of employee assistance programs (EAP) in Ontario. Factors that have necessitated the development of employee assistance programs; Range of psychological counseling and consulting services; Importance of confidentiality; Guidelines for choosing an EAP provider.
- De-stressing the workforce. Cuthell, Tim // Occupational Health;Jan2004, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p14
Discusses that employee assistance programs (EAP) have become increasingly familiar in Great Britain since they first evolved from the warfare counseling services of the 1970s. Information on managing stress proactively; Role of line managers in stress management; Reason for the popularity of...
- HEALTHY TEAMWORK. // Business Insurance;12/10/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p0004
The article reports that the employee assistance services of a business organization can be integrated with the wellness program as stress management, financial and legal counseling can be attributed to certain medical conditions which include migraines, high blood pressure, and drug abuse.
- Avoiding burn-out. Osborne, Helen // Estates Gazette;8/14/2004, Issue 433, p60
Provides information on the stress management services being provided by DTZ for its employees in Great Britain. Information on the draft stress management standards of Health & Safety Executive; Services offered under the employee assistance program (EAP) provided by EAR Accor Services; Means...
- Assistance programs help workers during crisis. Moran, Tim // Crain's Detroit Business;05/24/99, Vol. 15 Issue 21, pE-2
Discusses employee assistance programs being offered by United States employers in areas such as crisis intervention, workplace violence, time-management and intense personal family issues to help employees deal with stress, anxiety and grief. Confidentiality and neutrality as cornerstone of a...
- The BLACK HOLE. Marquis, Jessica Seck // Going Bonkers;Winter2009, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p30
The article offers advice for employees on how to manage job stress. It suggests to avoid complaining and seek out uplifting co-employees. Employees are advised to encourage themselves to be desirable employees, and remind themselves of their value throughout the day. It recommends to see if...
- Stress. Sullivan, Nicola // Employee Benefits;Jun2010, Special section p23
The article offers information on the healthcare research in Great Britain regarding stress management strategy. According to the survey, 60% of the respondents do not have a stress management strategy, while on the other aspect, it shows that offering staff access to an employee assistance...