For fast growth, try `cloning' business
- Strength in numbers. Sproule, Rob // CA Magazine;May99, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p37
Discusses the benefits of purchasing a franchise business. Advice when starting a business; Trends that affect stand-alone business to compete effectively. INSET: First, do your homework.
- Dare To Make The Leap. Siegel, Steve // Franchising World;May/Jun2002, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p4
Comments on the increasing popularity of franchising as the primary choice of career paths in the U.S. Details on the core values of prospective franchisees; Status of competition in business.
- Size Matters. Amer, Suzie // Restaurant Business;9/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 18, p39
Focuses on the business of selling franchises in the United States. Effects of the growth in franchising on the shift of target franchisees; Preference of franchisors in doing business with large and multi-unit franchisees; Advantages of multi-unit franchisees. INSET: TOP 25 FRANCHISEES.
- Read All About It. Caffey, Andrew A. // Entrepreneur;Jan2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p117
Presents information on the Uniform Franchise Offering Circular (UFOC). Description of UFOC; Summary of the topics addressed in UFOC.
- Franchising in Italy: Formula for Success. Dhir, Sam // Franchising World;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p41
Discusses the development of franchising business in Italy. Relevance of conducting franchising business in Italy; Different exhibits that promote American franchising activity in Italy.
- FINAL ANSWER. Wilson, Sara // Entrepreneur;Dec2007 2008 Hot List, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p122
The article lists the top ten questions concerning financing, business franchisors and existing franchisees which includes on good product or service, do have the skills franchisees need on a daily basis, and what degree does the franchisor exert operational control over the franchisee.
- Doing the Math. Maddocks, Todd D. // Entrepreneur;May2003, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p98
Relates the experiences of couple Jack and Diane on starting a franchise business. Customer demographics; Search for business location; Constant contacts with bankers.
- The malling of Manhattan, part II. Netburn, Deborah; Bone, James // New York;08/31/98, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p30
Discusses national franchisers that are opening stores in New York City. The flush economy and crime-free streets that are drawing businesses; Empowered Women's Golf; Metal Supermarkets; Consumer Casket USA; Cookies in Bloom; Mace Security Centers; Nature of the businesses; Possible effects on...
- Franchise vs. independent business. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;9/3/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p41
Questions whether its is better to buy a franchise than open an independent business. Why it is better to invest in a franchise; Failure rate for franchises and independent businesses; Comments from Kenneth Franklin of Pittsburgh-based Franchise Development Inc.