Cognitive, psychosocial, and reported sexual behavior differences between pregnant and
- The role of the African-American church in education about teenage pregnancy. Stevenson, Howard C. // Counseling & Values;Jan1990, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p130
Looks at problems relating to teenage pregnancies in the African-American community in the United States. Need of prevention and education programs; Application of biblical and spiritual values as it relates to teenage pregnancies; What the African-American church must do in an effort to face...
- Personal adjustment during pregnancy and adolescent parenting. Passino, Anne Wurtz; Whitman, Thomas L. // Adolescence;Spring93, Vol. 28 Issue 109, p97
Compares the personal adjustment and parenting stress and style of pregnant adolescents with pregnant adults and nonpregnant adolescents. Assessment and difference of the social adjustment of the participants; Parenting Stress Index (PSI) and two parenting behavior assessments; Relation of...
- Intraindividual variation among pregnant adolescents: A pilot study and conceptual discussion. Blynn-Pike, Lynn M.; Stenberg, Lori // Adolescence;Spring94, Vol. 29 Issue 113, p163
Illustrates the need for research on the impact of pregnant adolescents' moods on survey reliability. Analysis of diary entries for affective tone, emotional liability and contextuality; Inadequacy of studies on intraindividual variation and gestational and psychometric correlates; Attitudes...
- Psychosocial factors associated with teenage pregnancy in Jamaica. Keddie, Arlene M. // Adolescence;Winter92, Vol. 27 Issue 108, p873
Compares the self-esteem and perceived maternal care and control of 134 Jamaican schoolgirls and 108 pregnant adolescents and teenage mothers. Review of the literature; Parent-daughter interaction and teenage pregnancy; Self-esteem and teenage pregnancy; Method; Results; Age and education;...
- Sex & pregnancy. // Youth Studies Australia;Jun1996, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p59
Presents an abstract of the study `Prevalence and correlates of psychopathology in pregnant adolescents,' by C.M. Wiermann, A.B. Berenson et al and published in the 18th volume of the 1996 issue of the `Journal of Adolescent Health.'
- The family development project: A comprehensive mental... D'Andrea, Michael // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Apr94, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p184
No abstract available.
- Early pregnancy and academic achievement of African-American youth. Prater, Loretta Pinkard // Exceptional Children;Oct/Nov92, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p141
Proposes that students who are adolescent parents, though not considered disabled, are impaired by their situation. Competing demands of school and home; Preventive measures; Strategies to keep students in school.
- The relation between self-esteem, sexual activity, and pregnancy. Robinson, Rachel B.; Frank, Deborah I. // Adolescence;Spring94, Vol. 29 Issue 113, p27
Examines self-esteem in relation to sexual behaviors of male and female adolescents that led to unplanned pregnancy. Lack of correlation between level of sexual experience and self-esteem; Decline of self-esteem of teenage fathers; Role of professionals involved in pregnancy prevention.
- Perceptions of pregnant/parenting teens: Reframing issues for an integrated approach to pregnancy... Rodriguez Jr., Cleo; Moore, Nelwyn B. // Adolescence;Fall95, Vol. 30 Issue 119, p685
Examines correlations between personal, family and educational background factors and unplanned teenage pregnancy. Administration of an anonymous questionnaire to 341 volunteer respondents in 14 Teenage Pregnancy/Parenting Programs; Differences among respondents related to family relationships,...