Oregon Bill Would Allow GOs for School Match
- INDIANA: Mayoral School Rule Eyed. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33511, p9
The article reports on the bill passed by a group of influential members of Indianapolis' political and business community that could lead to mayoral control of the city's school system in Indiana in 2011.
- Muni Bond Bills Still Hanging Around in California Legislature. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/9/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33128, p7
The article reports on the status of several bills on municipal bonds, which remained in the California State Legislature in 2009 in California. It states that one of the bills is the AB 1388, wherein the bill was passed to provide cities power to utilize bond sales, regardless of its value,...
- 'Robin Hood' Is Bleeding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p1
Reports that the House Public Education Committee in Texas has approved a revised version of the bill, HB 604 that would abolish the state's controversial school funding system popularly called Robin Hood. Reason behind the nickname for the funding system for school districts in the state; Fund...
- ARIZONA: School Unification Vote Set. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/12/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32814, p9
The article reports on the School District Redistricting Commission, which was established by the state lawmakers in 2005 to draw plans in unifying elementary and highschool districts in Arizona. Residents within 14 Phoenix districts will vote on setting up the largest school district in the...
- Inside the Law. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p11
Reports developments related to district administration in the U.S. as of August 2003. Disapproval of the U.S. Department of Education on the request of Maine to exempt from the federal No Child Left Behind legislation; Enhancement of the social skills of children; Improvement of the social...
- Making a Special Law Better. // District Administration;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the revision of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act in the U.S. Consistency of the school districts in using the IDEA funds for education; Enhancement of conflict resolution; Parental involvement in school.
- N.H. school plan offers needed fixes, though questions remain. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;07/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30676, p5
Focuses on a legislative bill aimed at changing how the state government of New Hampshire distributes education aid to cooperative school districts in the state. Separation of criteria for awarding financial aid under the bill's provisions; Schedule of the legislative implementation.
- PA House bill promotes a divisive religious message. Joyce, Ed // Philadelphia Gay News;11/15/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p11
The author comments on a bill that will require Pennsylvania public school districts to post "In God We Trust" in every school building.
- Florida proposal would force districts to share construction funds with charter schools. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;2/7/2012, p1
The article reports on a bill under which local school districts would be required to share their construction and maintenance funds with charter schools proposed by the Florida Senate Education Committee as of February 2012.