House, Senate Bills Seek $1.5 Billion for Sewer Upgrades
- USDA Rural Development allocates $3.5 million to Yabucoa and Yauco. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;5/1/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the allocation of grants and loans by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development for the construction of sewerage systems in the towns of Yabucoa and Yauco in Puerto Rico. Funding for the development of energy and services industries in Puerto Rico; Benefits of the sewerage...
- Bill In N.Y. Assembly Calls For Expanded Water Damage Definition To Include Sewer/Drain Backups. Gibbons, Muriel // Insurance Advocate;5/12/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 18, p12
Discusses a New York state assembly bill calling for expanded water damage definition to include sewer and drain backup systems. Scope and application of the proposed legislation; Implications for industries.
- LETTERS. McCulloch, John; Angerer, Kathy // Crain's Detroit Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p8
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Insurance Mandate Opposition May Scuttle Autism Legislation," in the July 19, 2010 issue, and "Use Funds to Fix Sewers First," in the July 19, 2010 issue.
- Miami-Dade water, sewer projects to exceed billions. // Underground Construction;Jun2007, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the proposals for more than $4.5 billion in capital improvement projects through the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Department are sent to state planners in Florida. The bill exceeds the total cost expected for the region in building alternative water supplies. It could be...
- ON DEADLINE. // Credit Union Journal;5/13/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p18
Reports developments in the credit union (CU) industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Grants awarded to the World Council of CU Inc. and the Jamaica Cooperative CU League; Merger between Empire Corporate Federal Credit Union (FCU) and CorpStar FCU; Passage of a bill for CU commissioners.
- Bush Authorizes $2 Billion in Grants for Port Security. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p5
The article provides updates on a legislation signed by President George Bush that authorizes $2 billion in grants for port authorities over five years to improve security in the U.S. The bill which was signed into law, provides $400 million a year in security grants to port authorities, but the...
- Another Pork-Laden Omnibus Spending Bill. Riedl, Brian M.; Miller, Keith // Business Journal (Central New York);11/26/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p25
The article reports that with the recently passed fiscal 2005 omnibus-spending bill, the U.S. Congress is expected to break its own record, set in last year's budget, for pork projects. These include new grants for such items as therapeutic horseback riding and a mariachimusic curriculum for...
- (BUDGET) FY 2010 Deadline Looming Large: No Funding Bills to Obama Yet. // Children & Youth Funding Report;10/2/2009, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Congress has not completed work on any of its 12 appropriations bills which would provide annual funding for all discretionary programs in fiscal year (FY) 2010. All 12 appropriations bills for FY 2010 were passed by the House prior to the August congressional...
- Panel OKs Bill to Blunt Kelo Decision Impact. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p4
Reports on the approval of the legislation that would deny states and localities federal economic development grants, by the House Agriculture Committee. Basis of the bill; Conditions under the bill; Revision on the measure to limit the federal funding ban.