Phoenix Civic Center Expansion 'A Tough Sell' Due to State Deficit
- Voters to Weigh in on Phoenix Civic Center Expansion. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p4
Reports the negotiation on the approval of bonds sale to expand the Phoenix Civic Plaza Convention Center in Florida. Amount of proposed bonds sale; Categories of exise taxes dedicated to the project fund; Factors to be considered in approving the proposal.
- Bismarck, N.D., to sell $9.4 million for civic center, arena renovations. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p3
Discusses Bismarck, North Dakota's plan to sell bond issues with a $9.4 million deal to expand and renovate its Civic Center. Bismarck's plan to competitively bid the revenue bonds in serials maturing from 1999 to 2013; Bismarck's outstanding general obligation and revenue bonds; Purpose of the...
- Fountain of Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p31
Reports that the Phoenix, Arizona suburb of Fountain Hills has pursued a bond issue to build a new civic center.
- Maine Arena in the Hands of Voters. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;11/7/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33611, p1
The article reports on the 33 million dollars bond plan to be voted by Cumberland County, Maine residents for the renovation of the Cumberland County Civic Center in Portland. According to a financial statement issued by the county, the total estimated cost would reach 55.6 million dollars. The...
- Portland, Me., Playing With First Sports Financing. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p4
Reports on Portland, Maine's plans to use tax-exempt bonds and charitable donations to fund a replacement of the Cumberland County Civic Center. Financing options being considered by the city; Reasons of the city for considering replacing the civic center; Commitment of the Libra Foundation to...
- Birmingham Civic Center Upped to Investment Grade. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;10/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p3
The article reports that the rated debt of Alabama's Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center Authority (Inc.) Co. has been upgraded to investment grade as its revenues supporting the bonds are not affected by Jefferson County's bankruptcy.
- Thursday's Data. // Bond Buyer;9/25/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F337, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 98 28/32 to yield 2.13, up 9/3230-year: 99 8/32 to yield 2.91, up 24/32 Municipal BondIndex 124 5/32, up 10/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 09/25) Total: $9.152 billion, up $2.227 billionCompetitive: $2.416 billion, down $220.7...
- Civic splendor. Linn, C. // Architectural Record;Nov1991, Vol. 179 Issue 11, Lighting Supplement p40
Recounts how the Marin County (Calif.) government and Pacific Gas & Electric worked together to relight the exterior of the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Marin County Civic Center. Luminae Souter Lighting Design designed the changes, which save energy and improve the center's appearance. Funding;...
- The Gwinnett center. Lampert-Greaux, Ellen // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;May94, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
Discusses the design of the Gwinnett Civic and Cultural Center in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Architects; Theater and acoustical consultants; Multipurpose venue for community theater and dance performances; Materials; Three-storey curved facade; Rotunda as entrance and lobby; Semi-circular...