West Promoted at SEC Enforcement Division
- Who'll Lead the SEC? Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p1
Reports the candidates for the chairmanship of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the United States. Background of James R. Doty, top candidate of Texas Governor George W. Bush; List of nominees of Vice President Al Gore; Achievements of Arthur Levitt as SEC chairman.
- Senate on Verge of Approving Donaldson as SEC Chair. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p4
Reports that the U.S. Senate is on the verge of confirming President George W. Bush's nominee, William H. Donaldson as Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman as of February 2003. Profile of Donaldson; Person whom Donaldson would replace; Introduction of a bill legislators that would...
- Does Harvey Pitt Signal Happy Days for the Securities Industry and Big Companies? // SCOR Report;Jul2001, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on Harvey L. Pitt, United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush's choice for chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Concern regarding the nomination of Pitt; Pitt's reputation as a securities lawyer, according to Senator Charles E. Schumer; What Pitt promised the...
- Senate Panel Backs Donaldson for SEC . Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;2/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p3
Reports that the U.S. Senate Banking Committee has approved the nomination of William Donaldson for the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Expectations of Senators from Donaldson; Achievements of Donaldson.
- Panel to Hold Chairman Nominee Hearing Next Week. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p5
Reports on an announcement by the U.S. Senate Banking Committee chairman Richard Shelby to hold a hearing to consider the nomination of William H. Donaldson as the chairman of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Donaldson's professional experience; Donaldson's tenure in SEC.
- Bush Set to Nominate Democrats Campos, Goldschmid to SEC Posts. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p5
Reports the intention of President George W. Bush to nominate lawyer Harvey Goldschmid and broadcast executive Roel Campos to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Career background of Goldschmid; Replacement of SEC commissioner Norman Johnson; Political contributions of Johnson to...
- Congressional Sources: Cox Will Sail Through. // Traders Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 243, p20
Focuses on the nomination of legislator Christopher Cox as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Congressional lobbyists' opinion that the Democrats are willing to let Cox's nomination go through Congress with little debate; Democratic members of the SEC.
- SEC Names Three Associate Directors to Enforcement Division. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32489, p5
The article reports on the appointment of Fredric Firestone, Cheryl Scarboro and Christopher Conte as associate enforcement directors in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) enforcement division. The new associate directors will help in the planning and direction of the SEC...
- STALEMATE AT THE S.E.C. Mayer, Jane // New Yorker;7/22/2002, Vol. 78 Issue 20, p25
Focuses on the lack of commissioners for the U.S. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC). Refusal of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee to confirm several nominees for the position; Plight of Harvey Goldschmid, a professor of law; Difficulties encountered by SEC Chairman Harvey Pitt.