ICI Joins Ranks Opposing MSRB Having Crisis Authority
- Muni firms may get hit with G-37 ban from mergers. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;08/20/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30213, p1
Examines the potential consequences of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-37 banning bond business with certain issuers in the United States. Look-back provisions included in the rule; Increasing number of mergers in the market; Applicability of the rule on certain merger...
- Firms to SEC: Don't Let MSRB Shut Market in Crisis. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p4
Reports on opposition of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's decision to grant authority to Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to shut down municipal bond market in the event of a disaster. Concerns over the decision; Companies and associations opposing the plan; Implications of...
- Groups Applaud NRO Proposal; Firms Question and Oppose It. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/12/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33696, p4
The article reports that the Government Finance Officers Association, Bond Dealers of America, and the National Association of Independent Public Finance Advisors support the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to bar underwriters from using not reoffered (NRO)...
- Bonds and the BFF Problem. Marlowe, Justin // Governing;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p67
The article discusses government policies on American municipal bond market as of April 2014. The topics discussed include taxation of municipal bonds, regulation of bond market by Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's rule to promote...
- MSRB's Fee Proposal Unfair, Broker-Dealers Say. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33575, p2
The article reports on the statement of the broker-dealers regarding the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) fee proposal in the U.S.
- MSRB Revises Its Draft Rule on College Savings Plan. HEMMERDINGER, JONATHAN // Bond Buyer;11/28/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33820, p3
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has revised its draft rule that would create a new rule G-45 for underwriters.
- MSRB to Start Muni FA Registration, Rulemaking on Oct. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33384, p5
The article reports on the notice issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board regarding the start of registration and rulemaking activities in the U.S.
- MSRB issues revised instructions for meeting G-36 requirements. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30294, p7
Presents information on a manual containing revised instructions for filling forms and keeping records in connection with G-36, which was issues by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). Information on the G-36; Comments from Christopher Taylor, executive director of the MSRB;...
- MSRB files rules changes on syndicate practices, FAs. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/26/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30299, p1
Presents information on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking board of Washington which filed a notice with the Securities and Exchange Commission announcing the next phrase of its transaction reporting program. Indepth look at the time set for the program.