Florida Senate OKs $1.4B for New School Construction
- Meek turns up heat in Sunshine State. Wilson, Reid // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p12
The article announces the candidacy of Representative Kendrick Meek for the Florida Senate in 2010.
- The 'other Bush' passes on Senate bid. Hill, David // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p12
The article announces the candidacy of Jeb Bush for the position in Florida Senate in 2010.
- WHAT THE MEDIA SAY. // Hill;12/2/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 166, p16
The article offers information on several write ups from several publications related to business developments including the pressure arising from the failure to pass a fix that cancels a cut in physician reimbursement, the move of the Florida Senate to propose maps for new state legislative...
- Florida weighs bill to limit insurer use of genetic data. Schmitt, Frederick // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/17/97, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p46
States that the Florida Senate is deciding on a measure that would limit health insurance companies from misusing genetic information. Bill introduced by Senator Howard Forman; Comments from Joan Glickman, spokeswoman for Senator Forman; Terms of bill.
- Courts pleased with proposed budgets. Davis, Megan E. // Florida Bar News;4/15/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that according to State Courts Administrator Lisa Goodner, the budget proposals released by the Florida Senate and House of Representatives appropriations committees in April 2013, although looking a little different, leave the state courts system well-positioned.
- Anger management. // Earth Island Journal;Autumn2002, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p13
Reports on a bill approved by the Florida Senate that forces anyone convicted of intentionally killing or torturing an animal to attend anger management classes.
- Legislation Approves Asbestos Reform. // Claims;Jun2005, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p71
Reports on the asbestos and silica litigation legislation enacted by the Florida Senate as of June 2005. Senate vote results; Comment from William Stander, regional manager for the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America, on the reform legislation; Other states to enact asbestos...
- BP oil leak spills into Florida Senate race. Millar, Sean J. // Hill;5/28/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 61, p15
The article reports on the emerging controversy within the Florida Senate regarding the deep-water oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Senate takes up court pay inequities. Davis, Megan E. // Florida Bar News;4/15/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p4
The article reports that the Florida Senate has recognized pay inequities in courts of the state and has asked State Courts Administrator Lisa Goodner to make a plan regarding the problem.