Illinois House Likely to OK Pension Gos
- OKLAHOMA: Indian Center Seeks More. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/5/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33394, p9
The article reports that the sponsors of the American Indian Cultural Center will ask the 2011 legislature for 43 million dollar bond to help complete the 177.5 million project in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Still No Budget Deal in Pennsylvania. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34430, p1
An emphatic weekend rejection of a pension-overhaul bill seen as pivotal to a budget compromise sent Pennsylvania's legislative leaders scurrying again.
- New Mexico Lawmakers OK $763M Capital Outlay Budget, Referendum for $143M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p5
The article reports on the New Mexico Legislature's adoption of a $762.5 million capital outlay budget. It has also set a statewide election for $142.8 million in general obligation bonds before adjourning its biannual 30-day budget session. The state's general obligations bond capacity is based...
- Tulsa, Okla., Delays GO Vote After Other Referendums Fail. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32034, p28
The article reports that shaken after Tulsa County, Oklahoma, voters rejected two general obligation bond questions last week. The city of Tulsa has delayed its own $250 million bond referendum from March 1 to sometime in April. An action item to set the election for March 1 was pulled from...
- South Carolina Polishing Off GO Authorization With $105M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p4
Focuses on the sale of the general obligation (GO) bonds by the triple-A rated South Carolina marking the last deal from a GO authorization approved by the Legislature in 2001. Worth of the bond sold by the government of South Carolina; Total of the authorization; Issuance of GO for capital...
- Stripped-Down Slate. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32264, p31
Reports on the expected consideration of a multi-million dollar recommendation for a bond package as early as mid-December by the Abilene City Council in Texas.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Council OKs Four Bond Bills. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33112, p9
The article reports on the approval of four bond-related bills by the District of Columbia Council. On May 5, 2009, the council passed a temporary bill that allows the city to issue up to $200 million of grant anticipation revenue vehicles. It also authorized the district to issue up to $61...
- Texas Water Board Will Drain Authorization With $162M Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/27/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33104, p5
The article reports on the consideration of the Texas Water Development Board to drain its remaining debt authorization with $162 million of general obligation bonds. It plans to take retail orders with institutional to follow. Investment experts expect the bonds to be lapped quickly because of...
- Erie County Deadlock Continue As Compromise Attempt Appears Dead. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32904, p3
The article reports on the request of the Erie County, New York legislature to amend the legislation that created the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority. The country legislature will be holding a special session asking the state legislature to amend the bill so that the county can sell bonds...