Florida Water Sale Called Off After Judge Grant Postponing Injunction
- We won't break up. Lokongo, Antoine // New African;May2002, Issue 407, p16
Focuses on the agreement between Civic United Front (CUF) and Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) in Tanzania. Denial of Seif Shariff Hamad on the issue of CUF breaking up; Context of CUF and CCM agreement; Violation made by the Zanzibar Electoral Commission in the government.
- Province, MÃ©tis Settlements sign 10-year funding agreement. Narine, Shari // Alberta Sweetgrass;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the 10-year funding deal signed by Edmonton province and the eight settlements of MÃ©tis that commits $85 million for 10 years.
- States' water battle lasts a century. GRIEKSPOOR, P. J. // Delta Farm Press;1/10/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 2, pIE2
The article reports on the legal battle between the states of Kansas and Colorado over rights to Ark River water which lasts 100 years, and even the Arkansas River Compact did not resolve the battle between the two states. INSET: Water may become limiting factor to growing dairy sector in....
- TLE framework agreement turns 10. // Saskatchewan Sage;Oct2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p3
Reports that it has been a decade since 25 Saskatchewan First Nations joined the federal and provincial governments in signing the Treaty Land Entitlement (TLE) Framework Agreement on September 22, 1992. Aim of the agreement; Terms and conditions of the agreement; First Nations that have...
- Andhra, Washington State Sign Statement to Promote Ties. // News India Times;10/12/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p10
The article discusses the joint statement signed by Andhra Pradesh, India and Washington on October 3, 2012 to promote the collaboration in trade, business, education, and culture.
- Compacts count on Tecs as central funds run out. Merrick, Neil // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p5
Discusses about the inner-city `compact' projects, a government-primed schemes that prepare teenagers for work. Role of training and enterprise councils (Tecs) in preserving compacts; Funding and benefits of compacts; Study published on the effectivity of compacts.
- State Solutions. Mountjoy, John J. // State Government News;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p14
Deals with interstate compacts in the U.S. General purposes of interstate compacts; History of interstate compacts; Reason for using interstate compacts in addressing multistate policy issues.
- States Pledge to Help Each Other in Times of Need. // State Legislatures;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p9
Presents information on the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC), an interstate agreement in the U.S. which has been established in 1993. Factors that have contributed to the establishment of the interstate agreement; Details of the EMAC program; States that have not joined in the...
- Sharing Criminal Records. Harrison, Blake // State Legislatures;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p26
Presents information on two interstate compacts aimed at improving the exchange of criminal information in the U.S. National Crime Prevention and Privacy Compact; Interstate Compact for Adult Supervision.