Bloomberg, Local Leaders to Albany: Medicaid Costs Are Bleeding Us Dry
- California Medicaid Cuts on Hold for Now. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;3/26/2012, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals turned down California's Department of Health Care Services' effort to suspend a decision by a federal judge to block cuts in California's Medicaid program.
- Health care legislation and regulation: Budget realities drive congressional agenda. Abbey, Fred // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;3/4/96, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p5B
Reports that Congressional leadership is considering substantial cuts in Medicare and Medicaid to achieve a balanced budget by 2002. Flexibility in determining how to achieve savings; Expansion of Medicare managed-care program; Impact of growth on organization and market relationships; Need for...
- Chains offer solution to Medicaid costs. Rankin, Ken // Drug Store News;3/13/95, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p11
Comments on the solution offered by drugstore chains for controlling Medicaid costs. Contracting the government's Medicare prescription program to managed care operators; Alienation of the chain drugstore industry; Artificial inflation of costs; Access to pharmaceutical discounts.
- Restrictions may not benefit Medicaid. Ziegler, Ronald // Drug Store News;5/1/95, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Opinion. Comments on the US Congress' efforts to reform the Medicare and Medicaid programs in order to reduce their operating costs. Number of prescriptions dispensed through the Medicaid program; Details of Medicaid reform proposals; Factors driving significant increases in the Medicaid...
- Self-reporting medicare and medicaid overpayments. Robinson, Frederick // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr97, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p64
States that refunding a significant overpayment to the Medicare of Medicaid program can subject a healthcare organization to government scrutiny that can consume the time and energies of key staff members. Reasons to refund overpayments; Resolving overpayment problems; Role of healthcare...
- Effects of proposed cuts vary per state, GOP finds. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;4/3/95, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p68
Reports that reductions in federal Medicaid spending will vary from state to state according to the Senate Republican task force on entitlements. Comment by Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson; Support for the phasing in of the growth cap; Implication of the fluctuation of reductions for Medicaid...
- Surprise Results. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;12/7/98, Vol. 142 Issue 23, p78
Reveals that two federally mandated drug use review projects failed to prove that pharmacist interventions reduced Medicaid costs, according to a study done for the Health Care Financing Administration. Information on the review projects; Purpose of the projects; Effects of paying R.Ph.s to...
- Lt. Gov. McCaughey's proposed plans for Medicaid. Grossman, Naomi // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;3/6/95, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p6B
Reports on efforts to control Medicaid costs in New York. Fund matching required from localities; Employment of New Yorkers in the health care industry; Layoffs in nursing facilities; Eligibility for personal care; Transportation services for Medicaid recipients; Financing for emergency room cases.
- `Enough is enough.' Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;02/08/99, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p1
Reports that hospital executives and lawmakers are angry at United States President Bill Clinton's plan to slash Medicare payments. Impact of the proposed cuts on hospitals; Reaction of Rick Failing, chief executive officer of Kittson Memorial Healthcare Center, on Clinton's proposal;...