Bill Would Raise Taxes for $650M Dallas Cowboys Stadium
- Tax Legislation: NYC Aid Bond Package Lining Up As Leading Contender in Congress. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p5
Reports on the possibility of approval for the bond-related tax legislation in the U.S. Congress during 2002. Purpose of the legislation; Possibility of the bill's attachment to other economic bills for its approval; Possible benefits from the legislation.
- Tax Bill to Bush; Industry Wants Additions. Heller, Michele; Thompson, Laura K. // American Banker;5/23/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 99, p20
Reports that a $350 billion tax bill has been sent to the U.S. president George W. Bush for his approval after congressional negotiators signed off a deal that does not include special provisions sought by the financial services industry, as of May 23, 2003. Details on the provisions excluded...
- Bills allow some Florida hotels to receive tax-payment extension. Blank, Dennis // Hotel & Motel Management;5/20/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 9, p3
Provides information on the bill allowing hotels to receive tax payment extensions in Orlando, Florida. Effects of terrorism in the business performance of various hotels and resorts; Assessment on the revenues of different hotels; Provisions of the taxation bill.
- 'Business as usual' if bill comes to pass. Greenberg, Dean // Inside Tucson Business;5/26/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p8
Comments on the tax cut proposals in the U.S. Increase of fund allocation for federal highways and mass transit system; Opposition of the representatives on the anti-growth legislation; Assessment of the economy.
- Bills Signed. McLaurin, Preston // South Carolina Business Journal;Aug2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p10
Focuses on tax-related issues concerning the proactive business-driven legislation in South Carolina. Fee-in-lieu of taxes agreements; Development of tax credits; Establishment of a joint committee on taxation.
- House Near Passing Wireless Tax Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p6
Reports the near approval of the United States House of a bill that will impose uniform taxation rules on the wireless telecommunications industry. Amendment of the Communications Act of 1934 by the legislation; Details of the existing wireless taxation system; Complaints of market participants...
- We are no losing battle already won. Dressler, Don // Western Farm Press;7/5/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p7
Comments on the impact of the Assembly Bill 923 on the agricultural industry in California. Cancellation of the tractor sale tax exemption; Provision of health insurance to farm workers; Dismissal of the government on the needs of the industry.
- Bill Represented a Government Without Limits. Haynes, Ray // San Diego Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p47
Comments on the proposed taxation legislation being considered by the State of California as of October 7, 2002. Provisions of the proposed law designed to allow the California director of finance to increase taxes without prior approval of the state legislature; Democrats' control of the state...
- Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003. // Clergy Journal;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p27
Reports on the provisions of the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 in the U.S. Reduction of the capital gains tax; Changes in the individual marginal tax rates; Temporary elimination of the marriage penalty.