Virginia's Becomes Second University Rated Triple-A by Standard & Poor's
- Ill. Wesleyan Takes Hit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p31
Reports on the rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to refunding bonds of Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois.
- University Debt Stable. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the revision in the rating for the revenue bond of the University of Louisiana by Standard & Poor's Rating Services in Monroe, Louisiana.
- Georgetown Bonds, Issued Through D.C., Take a Rating Hit From S&P. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p29
Reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to lower its rating on the outstanding bonds of Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Observation of the weakening balance sheet and growing operating deficits of the university; Impact of the rating change on the outstanding tax-exempt debt;...
- ALABAMA: Schools Authority Off Watch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33107, p9
The article reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to remove and rate the Alabama Public School and College Authority (APSCA) from negative to AA bond rating. The company asserts that the decision is due to the uncertainty relating to a pending federal lawsuit of APSCA. The company...
- York College Upgrade. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p33
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to upgrade the revenue bonds of York College of Pennsylvania. Citation of the agency of the college's strong operating performance and a boost in endowment funds as causes of its move to upgrade the bonds; Impact of the upgrade on the revenue...
- Underlying Health Slips. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32363, p35
The article reports on the revised outlook of Standard & Poor's Corp. to negative from stable on the underlying A rating of University of Illinois Health Services Facilities due to the weak financial performance and sizeable capital needs. It affects the triple-A insured debt sold through the...
- Ramapo Declines. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p35
Reports on the decline in the rating of Standard &Poor's Corp. on the outstanding debt of Mahwah, New Jersey-based College of New Jersey to A-minus from A. Assignment of an A-minus to the college's multimillion-dollar revenue bond sale; Reflection of the low liquidity levels of the school;...
- Positively Stable. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p31
Reports on the rating of University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois's refunding bonds by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Ratings given by other rating agencies.
- ILLINOIS: GSU Rated Ahead of Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32740, p9
The article reports on the initial ratings received by the Governors State University as it prepares to issue about $9 million of facilities system revenue bonds later in October 2007 through its Board of Trustees in Illinois. The bonds, which are secured by net revenues of the university's...