Massachusetts Deal Uses CPI To Help Investors Beat Inflation
- $70 million of muni-CPIs included in Delaware agency's deal. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p32
Reports on the issuance by the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority of bonds linked to the United States consumer price index (CPI). Use of interest rate swap to avoid assuming CPI liability; Investors' reception of the CPI-linked bonds; List of previous CPI bond issues.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Kinnander, Ola; Vekshin, Alison; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p2
Reports developments related to bonds as of April 2002 in the U.S. Increase in consumer price index; Decline in private housing permits; Performance of the production at factories, mines and utilities.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E.; Vekshin, Alison; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Increase in the consumer price index; Average Consumer Price Index; Trade deficit.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p2
Reports developments related to bonds and bond markets in Washington, D.C. as of May 2001. Report of the Labor Department on the increase of consumer prices; Decrease of permit rates for private housing; Efforts of the Treasury Department to buy back outstanding issues maturing between November...
- Yield Indexes Fall; Investors Lack Concern About Inflation. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p29
Reports on the decline of consumer price indexes. Lack of real pricing pressure; Growth in industrial production; Bond prices.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;6/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31411, p2
Reports developments related to bond issues in the U.S. as of June 2002. Announcement on the increase in core rate by the Labor Department; Increase in the median consumer price index for May 2002; Auction of four-week bills by the Treasury Department.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31226, p2
Reports developments related to bond markets in the United States as of September 2001. Increase in consumer price index; Downgrading of the senior impled ratings of America West Airlines Inc and US Airways Inc.; Assignment of Aaa rating to multifamily housing revenues bonds of Texas Department...
- Private-Activity Volume Caps Rise for 21 States and D.C. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32015, p1
Reports that several states and the District of Columbia will receive an inflation-adjusted boost to their private-activity bond volume cap in 2005. Percentage of private-activity volume that will be allowed to increase; Use of consumer price index for urban consumers as base for the adjustment;...
- TREASURY INFLATION-PROTECTED SECURITIES (TIPS). Oglesby, Darren Wayne // Concise Encyclopedia of Investing;2007, p73
A definition of the term "Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities" (TIPS) is presented. Similar to Treasury bonds, TIPS are different in that the principal and coupon payments are adjusted to eliminate the effects of inflation, with the intent on protecting the investor against fluctuations in...