An Ethics Quiz for School Counselors
- An ethics quiz for school counselors. Huey, Wayne C.; Salo, Mark M. // School Counselor;May95, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p393
Presents an ethics quiz for school counselors which test their knowledge about revised standards and to stimulate discussion regarding ethical issues. Interpretation of each standard in relation to their unique situation; Relationship of ethical and legal issues.
- The discrepancy between actual and preferred time on task... Mustaine, Beverly L.; Pappalardo, Salvatore // Guidance & Counseling;Winter96, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p32
Presents the results of a study on the preferences of school counsellors in Ontario, Canada in relation to their work. Popularity of doing group guidance; Effectiveness of educational and occupational planning; Counsellor functions in Ontario schools.
- Gossip and the guidance counselor: An ethical dilemma. Watson, Carol Hart // School Counselor;Sep90, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the ethical and moral implications of confidentiality in a school counselor's practice. Importance of confidentiality to counselors; Discrepancy between practice and belief on confidentiality; Need for strategies to help counselors put ethical standards into practice.
- School Counselors' Perceptions of the Impact of High-Stakes
Testing. Brown, Duane; Galassi, John P.; Akos, Patrick // Professional School Counseling;Oct2004, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p31
Two studies of school counselors' perceptions of the impact of the North Carolina ABC (high-stakes) testing program are reported. (For ease of interpretation, percentages were rounded to the nearest whole number in both studies.) One hundred forty-one counselors who attended their state...
- School Counselors and Student Assessment. Blacher, Joan H.; Murray-Ward, Mildred; Uellendahl, Gail E. // Professional School Counseling;Apr2005, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p337
School counselors in California were surveyed about their student assessment practices and their perceptions about the adequacy of their training. Results indicated that school counselors utilized some aspects of assessment more than others and rated their training in those areas as adequate or...
- Exploratory Study of Common and Challenging Ethical Dilemmas Experienced by Professional School Counselors. Bodenhorn, Nancy // Professional School Counseling;Dec2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p195
Results of a survey asking public school counselors in Virginia to indicate their most common and most challenging ethical dilemmas are presented. Ninety-two school counselors reported that the most common and challenging ethical dilemmas included those involving student confidentiality, dual...
- Ethical standards for school counselors. // School Counselor;Nov92, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p84
Features the American School Counselor Association's (ASCA) Ethical Standards for School Counselors. Background information on the ASCA; Responsibilities to students; Responsibilities to parents; Responsibilities to colleagues and professional associates; Responsibilities to school and...
- The Revised 1992 Ethical Standards for School Counselors. Huey, Wayne C. // School Counselor;Nov92, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p89
Discusses the American School Counselor Association's (ASCA) revised 1992 Ethical Standards for School Counselors. Background information on the ASCA; Preamble; Responsibilities; Maintenance of standards; Resources.
- Ethical Concerns in School Counseling. Huey, Wayne C. // Journal of Counseling & Development;Jan86, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p321
The article discusses the ethical dilemmas inherent in the school setting that result from conflicts in counselor responsibilities to pupils, parents, and school. The school counselors work with minors and thus have certain legal and ethical responsibilities to parents as well as to the clients....