Is Israel Poised for a New Round of Ethnic Cleansing?
- The coming battle over how to define `autonomy.' Chesnoff, R.Z.; Makovsky, D. // U.S. News & World Report;12/30/91-1/6/92, Vol. 111 Issue 27, Outlook 1992 p48
Discusses why `Palestinian autonomy' is destined to be the Mideast buzzword of 1992. The conflicting opinions of Arabs and Jews of what self-government should mean for the 1.7 million Palestinians who live in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and Gaza; America's interim autonomy plan as part of...
- RUMELÄ° VE ANADOLU MUHACÄ°RLERÄ°NDE KÄ°MLÄ°K VE VATAN ALGISI. ERDAL, İbrahim // Milli Folklor;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 81, p78
When Grek Army retreated from West Anatolia, Greek emigrants gathered at the ports to leave Anatolia. Population Exchange, which was accepted between Turkey and Greece in the Lawson Conference, encompassed the migration of people in considerable number. The issue of non-exchangees was one of the...
- Israel issues measures to guard against alien invasion. Watts, John // Human Events;1/30/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the Israeli legislature's approval of a law that would ban Palestinians who marry Israelis from obtaining Israeli citizenship, as Israel increased its efforts at border protection.
- Is Israel too Jewish for the Palestinians? Kleinman, Max L. // New Jersey Jewish News;10/6/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 40, p20
In this article the author discusses the reasons why the Palestinians refuse to recognize Israel as the Jewish State, in which Sari Nusseibeh of Al Quds University says the idea of a Jewish state is logically and morally problematic due to its religious, moral, and social implications.
- Almost Half Israeli Arabs Believe Palestine will Eventually Replace Israel. // Israel Faxx;06/24/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 123W, p1
The article offers information on the survey titled "2012 Index of Arab-Jewish Relations in Israel" conducted by Haifa University sociologist Sammy Smooha, regarding the perspective of Palestinian Arabs related to regarding their future in Israel.
- ISRAEL SEALS WEST BANK AS SECURITY PRECAUTION. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);4/19/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4833, p1
The article reports on the decision of Israeli authorities to seal the entry of almost all Palestinians from the West Bank in Israel in observance of the country's Memorial Day and Independence Day in 2010.
- By the Numbers: An Israeli Divide. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);1/31/2011 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 157 Issue 5, p17
The article presents statistics on where East Jerusalem's Arabs prefer to live if Israelis and Palestinians agreed upon a two-state solution, including the percentage of Palestinian Arabs who would probably become Israeli citizens, percentage of Palestinian Arabs who would probably not move to...
- Road Terror in Jerusalem's Old City. // Israel Faxx;7/22/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 139W, p10
The article reports that the Palestinian Authority Arabs are terrorizing and attacking buses with Israeli license plates at the entrance to the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Israel freed Palestinian prisoners. Mutch, David; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;5/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 115, p2
Reports the freeing of Palestinian prisoners by Israel as a goodwill gesture.