West Virginia Gets $3 Billion Budget, and Governor's Cigarette Tax Survives
- Cash-Strapped Nassau County, N.Y., Approves a $2.2 Billion 2002 Budget. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p3
Reports on the approval of Legislature to the proposed operating budget for Nassau County, New York for 2002. Disclosure on the amount of the proposed budget; Viability of the spending plan to overcome the 2001 crisis; Reason behind the opposition of the Republicans to the spending plan.
- Legislature Passes $720 Million 2003 Capital Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p4
Reports on the approval of the capital budget for fiscal 2003 by the Maryland General Assembly. Estimate of the total amount of the budget; Provision of funds to various state and local projects through the issuance of bonds; Recipients of the funds.
- How to help fix city budget. // Crain's New York Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
No abstract available.
- Hall of shame award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/15/95, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p1
Criticizes the New York State Legislature for not approving the state budget by the April 1995 deadline. Consequence of the lawmakers' failure.
- How the courts are coping with fewer resources. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/16/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p14
In this article, the author discusses the efforts of legislature to balance their state budget in New Hampshire until June 30, 2011.
- Oklahoma Legislature in a Draw; Special Session Ahead? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p4
Reports on the inevitability of a special session for the Oklahoma legislature if it fails to come up with speedy solutions for the state budget before the legislative session ends May 26, 2000. Failure of a series of budget negotiations to produce an agreement.
- Cities and counties suffer. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/28/2001, Issue 322778, p30
Editorial. Focuses on the revised 2001-02 budget presented by Governor Davis to the Legislature in California. Reservations of Legislative Analyst Elisabeth Hill on the revised budget; Items in the revised budget adversely affecting the local government; Details on the budget maneuver from the...
- N.Y.'s Power Trio Reaches Budget Framework Agreement. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p4
Reports the approval of budget framework for the fiscal year 2003 by the political leaders in New York. Total amount of the budget; Proposal of the budget framework by governor George E. Pataki; Announcement of the budget framework approval by Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno and Assembly...
- WHEN INEFFICIENCY BECOMES THE STATUS QUO. Grumet, Louis // CPA Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p9
Criticizes the inefficiency of the New York State legislature in completing the budget on time. Budget cycle adopted by the state; Economic implications of governing the state without an approved budget; Social responsibilities of certified public accountants.