S&P Alters Michigan's Outlook to Negative, Citing Depleted Reserves
- Standard & Poor's looks at developing trends in prime and Alt-A collateral pools. // Asset Securitization Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p13
Reports the analysis of Standard & Poor's on the rating of the Alt-A collateral pools in the U.S. Comparison of the ownership type and documentation; Assessment of the average FICO scores; Securitization volume for the first quarter.
- S&P predicts increased telecom ratings pressure. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the forecast of Standard & Poor's Corp. of increased pressure on telecommunications credit ratings in the United States. Upgrade of WinStar's ratings; Corporate debt rating for AT&T; Affirmation of the BBB+ corporate rating for Sprint PCS.
- S&P considers online quantitative analysis of unrated credits. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30676, p25
Focuses on the plans by Standard & Poor's Corp. to use an Internet-based quantitative analysis technique for nonrated credits in the United States. Description of how the technique works; Basis of finding ratings for unrated credits.
- S&P Gets Negative on Catholic Health System. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p40
Reports the designation of negative debt rating to Catholic Health Services of Long Island company by Standard & Poor's Corp. in the U.S. Factors causing Standard & Poor's to lower the rating of Catholic Health; Effect of the rating on outstanding debt issued by the New York State Dormitory...
- Upheaval lessens value of ratios--S&P. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;1/31/94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
Reports on Standard & Poor Corp.'s annual update of hospital ratios. Financial rates in credit quality assessment; Need for consideration of other business fundamentals; Decline in operating and profit margins; Decrease in stand-alone hospitals.
- PRODUCT MATTERS. Dampier, Mark // Money Marketing;12/20/2001, p44
Presents information on the U.S. investment company MFS. Amount of assets under management; Number of funds launched by MFS; Ratings of Standard & Poor's to its offshore funds.
- S&P predicts more upgrades in 1999. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30550, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's is expecting a favorable year for credit quality in the United States in 1999. Prediction of higher number of credit rating upgrades for municipal debts.
- S&P Revamps Criteria for Charter School Ratings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p56
Reports that Standard & Poor's has updated its credit rating criteria for bonds issued to finance charter schools in the United States. Intended purpose for the company's move; Comparison of the old and new credit rating criteria used by the company; Efforts of the agency in elevating the...
- Ratings firms see fewer downgrades. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;01/29/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the prediction of Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's regarding the credit ratings of not-for-profit hospitals in the United States by the end of 2001. Moody's outlook for the for-profit hospital sector; Downgrades in the not-for-profit sector in 2000.