MassPike Merger in The Works
- Massachusetts Senate Leaders Propose Merging Transportation Agencies. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/15/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33042, p4
The article focuses on the move of senate leaders in Massachusetts to merge the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, and the Massachusetts Highway Department into Massachusetts Surface Transportation or MassTrans as one government agency. Therese Murray,...
- MASSACHUSETTS: More Transportation Reform. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/13/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33096, p9
The article reports on the approval of the transportation reform bill which would terminate the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority and allow the state to issue special obligation bonds to help finance future infrastructure improvements throughout the state. It states that the reform bill would...
- Romney Again Stresses Massachusetts' Highway-Merger Plan. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p3
Focuses on the state of the state speech by Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. Proposal to merge the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority with the state highway department; Elimination of inefficiencies and duplications in state government; Other key areas for reform according to Romney.
- MASSACHUSETTS: Toll Hike. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p35
Reports on the decision of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to delay a scheduled toll increase for six months starting November 2001. Criticism of the decision by acting governor of the state Jane M. Swift.
- Turnpike continues upgrade. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/22/96, Vol. 236 Issue 3, p18
Reports that the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) are in the process of advertising bids for $130 million in road construction intended to upgrade the turnpike and spur the state's economic development. Plan to build an interchange in the Worcester-Providence; Statement from John J....
- MassPike Eyes $239 Million, Targets Toll Booths. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p3
Reports on the redemption of debts by the board of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority. Assessment of the value of leases on concession facilities; Estimation of the annual revenues from the leases; Evaluation of the maintenance and operation costs of the Western Turnpike's roads.
- MassPike Delays Toll Hike Marked for 'Big Dig' Debt Service. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p3
Reports on the decision of Turnpike Authority to delay a turnpike toll hike in Massachusetts. Purpose of the delay; Expected amount generated by the toll hike; Schedule for the start of the toll hike.
- Moody's Is Reviewing Financial Impact of Boston Tunnel Closure. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p32
The article reports that U.S.-based credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service is undertaking a review to determine the financial impact of the decision to shutdown the Ted Williams Tunnel in Boston, Massachusetts following a partial ceiling collapse that left one person dead. The revenue...
- Bond issue to finance Massachusetts Turnpike restructuring, `bid dig'. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p30
Reports on the approval of bond issues in Massachusetts by the state Turnpike Authority. Use of the proceeds from the issues for the authority's Central Artery/Tunnel project; Reasons for choosing the authority in charge of the project; Value of the estimated issues.