Shell, Halliburton team on expandable casing
- How long bits improve wellbore micro-tortuosity in ERD operations. Gaynor, Tom M.; Chen, David C-K; Stuart, Darren; Comeaux, Blaine // Offshore;Aug2001, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p88
Presents information on several types of drilling tools, including the Sperry-Sun developed by Halliburton Energy Services. Significance of long gauge bits; Ability of any bit to move off the centerline of the wellbore; Components of tortuosity.
- Expandable solid casing reduces telescope effect. Furlow, William // Offshore;Aug98, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p102
Focuses on Shell Technology Ventures Inc.'s expandable solid downhole casing that reduces telescope effect and may be an option for shallow water flows. Slotted expandable casing; Solid pipe expansion; Shell's formation of a joint venture with Halliburton Energy Services to develop and market...
- MonoDiameter technology keeps hole diameter to TD. Hull, Jennifer Pallanich // Offshore;Oct2002, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the benefits of MonoDiameter technology in well drilling. Elimination of telescoping effect caused by running casing; Creation of wellbore that reaches total depth with the same internal diameter as when the well spudded at the seabed; Consequences of MonoDiameter technology; Cost...
- PART ll: Casing drilling with directional steering in the US Gulf of Mexico. Warren, Tommy; Houtchens, Bruce; Portas Jr., W. R. (Bill) // Offshore;Feb2001, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p40
Part II. Provides information on casing drilling of oil wells. Challenge of working with surface hole sections in the Gulf of Mexico; Concerns regarding the casing system; Comparisons to conventional system; Procedures in the operation of the system.
- Managing debris in cutting multilateral well windows. Hogg, Clifford // Offshore;Apr98, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p64
Describes the mechanical aspect of the casing exit of a multilateral drill well windows. Techniques employed in creating a casing exit; Standard casing exits; Processes applied in debris removal.
- BP Says Halliburton Destroyed Evidence. // Information Management Journal;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p17
The article reports that oil company BP PLC has alleged that Halliburton Energy Services Co.'s cement work was inadequate in drilling the Macondo oil well and has asked a federal judge to punish the oilfield services company. According to a report on MSNBC.com, BP said Halliburton intentionally...
- SOLID EXPANDABLE TUBULAR - SET TECHNOLOGY FOR DRILLING PROGRAMS. Jarolimová, Mária; Čechová, Dagmar; Struna, Jaroslav; Čermák, Ondřej; Ožana, Kamil; Kostrhun, Jiří // Proceedings of the International Multidisciplinary Scientific Ge;2012, Vol. 2, p503
The paper takes into account a revolutionary and principally simple technology of wide application possibilities concerning especially oil extraction industries. Namely, it is about a solid in drilling expandable technology that can provide for efficient solutions as regards oil and gas onshore...
- The global leader in providing reliable intelligent completion technology for reservoir monitoring and control to the upstream oil industry. // Offshore;Dec2006, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p67
The article offers information on Well Dynamics, the world's leading supplier of intelligent completion technology for reservoir monitoring and control to the upstream oil industry. SmartWell systems have been installed in over 520 reservoir zones in 225 wells worldwide. The Houston-based...
- Combining expandable sand screens with propped hydraulic fracturing technology. Abdul, Sakamrin; Ceng, Rahman; Lim, Derek; Jit Juan Lim; Kuo Chuan Ong // Offshore;Feb2007, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p60
The article focuses on the combination of expandable sand screens (ESS) and hydraulic fracturing technology in completing wells. Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP) and Halliburton Energy Services combined ESS and hydraulic fracturing technology for the completion of wells in Egret field, Brunei that...