Allentown, Pa., Selling $25M GO, Water, Sewer Deal
- Ecuador: Cautiously Optimistic On Debt, For Now. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/22/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p14
The article reports that the debt markets in Ecuador have remained relatively well supported in recent weeks. Allaying fears of a default on the country's external bonded-debt in the short to medium run, the pre-budget plan outlined the government's debt repayment schedule for 2008. The...
- Moody's Upgrades Brunswick County, N.C., to A2. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327820, p4
The article reports that Brunswick County, North Carolina was upgraded to A2 from A3 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. ahead of its planned sale of $54 million of enterprise revenue bonds. The bonds will be used to fund projects for the county's water and sewer system. According to Moody's, the...
- Mortgage Bond Abuse Targeted. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has sent letters to several dozens issuers of single-family mortgage bonds asking for information on any upfront money paid to them or other parties in a transaction that was used to pay any portion of the issuance costs.
- San Antonio Offers Top-Rated Trio. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/12/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33547, p1
The article reports on the move of the city of San Antonio, Texas to offer 192 million U.S. dollars of top-rated debts. The debts include 65 million dollars of general obligation bonds, 89.5 million of tax and revenue certificate of obligation, and 27.7 million of lease-revenue bonds. The...
- In Colorado, Ratings Slide on Deal's Demise. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32282, p1
The article reports on the recent discussion between the board of directors of the Northwest Parkway Public Highway Authority in Colorado to discuss possible future actions following the termination of a planned refunding of $428 million in toll revenue bonds. The cancellation of this deal has...
- Detroit Airport Sets $145M Variable-Rate Refinancing. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32858, p6
The article reports on the plan of Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport to set $145 million variable-rate refinancing of its revenue bonds in Michigan. The plan is expected to refund about $142 million in variable-rate demand obligations (VRDOs) which were sold in 2002. Airport officials...
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- Louisiana State Bond Commission Approves Over $200M of Issuance. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p3
Reports on the authorization of bond requests in Louisiana. Approval of the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority revenue bonds; Approval of New Orleans Industrial Development Board's request to sell debt to build mixed-income housing.