Texas Rail Debt Plan Heads to Gov. Perry
- Debt Service Strain. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32252, p1
Reports on the release of the list of debt service payments due in November 2005 by Louisiana treasurer John Kennedy. Indication of the impact of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita on the difficulty of the state in its debt service payments; Total amount of debts of the state; Determination of the...
- New Jersey Starts Debt Reduction Fund as State Aims to Retire $650M. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/13/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32939, p5
The article reports that New Jersey has initiated its new debt reduction fund as state officials prepare to draw back roughly $650 million of bonds backed by state appropriation. Officials will use the revenue from a newly formed debt reduction fund included in the state's current operating...
- Michigan Moving $280M of GOs. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/1/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33090, p1
The article reports on the plans of the state of Michigan to engage in the bond market with $280 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. Included in the GO bonds are new-money and refunding bonds that will restructure existing debt. Officials expect to return to market within the next few...
- Denver May Face $2.6B On Ballot. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31157, p1
Focuses on the request of Denver-area officials to voters for the approval of bond projects in Colorado. Project inclusions of the bond budget; Value of the proposed bond plan by city council committee; Allocation of bigger jail budget.
- Pull of the public purse strings. Mooneyham, Scott // Business North Carolina;Jul2008, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p48
The author offers observation on Richard Moore as North Carolina state treasurer. Moore has issued a debt-affordability study with a suggested cap on borrowing and let legislators know he was not pleased when they approved a budget in 2007 that included a half-billion in new debt. According to...
- Re-Railing. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the deals between the state officials and the Union Pacific Railroad in Oregon.
- Rail futures considered. // State Government News;Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the meeting between state government leaders in the United States and senior Amtrak officials on February 9, 2001 concerning the future of rail transportation in the Northeast region. Topics discussed at the meeting.
- Leaking money. Morrison, Brian // Modern Railways;Mar2008, Vol. 65 Issue 714, p3
The author comments on why constructions of railways cost so much and results to government-backed debt in Great Britain. He emphasizes that money is considered to be the prime need in enabling the smooth run of contractual engine. With money flowing away, running own competitive procurement...
- U.S. Judge Continues Jefferson Hearing Until January. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/18/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33006, p16
The article reports on the continuance of the Jefferson County hearing whether to appoint a receiver by U.S. District Court Judge R. David Proctor. It states that the county's commissioners and state officials were involved in ongoing negotiations with creditors attempting to restructure $2.3...