FHLBs Seek LOC Legality
- States' 4Q Underlying Tax Revenue Grew in All Regions, Report Finds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31828, p5
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has warned Washington Economic Development Finance Authority that interest on $4.1 million of Series 2000C economic development revenue bonds issued in May 2000 for the American Millwork Project could be taxable because of the use of a standby letter of...
- IRS to Audit Some Bonds With LOCs. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit some industrial revenue bond deals which according to them are resulting in federal benefits. Reasons for auditing; Details of working of various home loan banks involved in housing and non-housing bonds; Basis of the...
- FHLBs Could Offer LOCs for Economic Development Debt Under Bill. Mcconnell, Alisn L. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32368, p4
The article reports that the Federal Home Loan Banks has said they could provide credit enhancements to issuers of tax-exempt economic bonds under the proposed legislation by U.S. Representative Phil English. The proposed bill is alike to previous ones introduced in the Congress after the...
- LOC From FHLB May Make State Agency's Debt Taxable, IRS Says. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;2/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31828, p5
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has warned the Washington Economic Development Finance Authority (WEDFA) of Seattle, Washington, that interest on $4.1 million of Series 2000C economic development revenue bonds issued in May 2000 for the American Millwork Project could be taxable because...
- Most Audited Hospitals Expected To Restructure Debt, Lawyers Say. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p1
Focuses on the result of the audit made by the Internal Revenue Service on nonprofit hospitals having acquisition-financing bond issues in the U.S. Chances for the hospital to restructure debt; Impact of the proposed regulations on acquisition finance debt on the hospitals; Increase deals...
- Florida Pool Under Audit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p1
Audits the bond issue sold to Orange County Health Facilities Authority by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in Florida. Disclosure of hospital bonds; Assessment hospital bonds by IRS; Violation on the separation of legislative and executive power.
- IRS Audits Cause Minor Market Ripple for Casino Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p6
Reports on the audit of two deals sold by conduit issuers on behalf of Native American tribes for casino-related facilities by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Yield of the bonds; Sell of bonds being audit by Capital Trust Agency on behalf of Seminole Indian Tribe of Florida; Maturation of the...
- Kentucky Counties Association Faces IRS Audit. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p23
Reports on the audit of the tax and revenue anticipation certification of participating notes issued by the Kentucky Association of Counties Advance Revenue Program in 2003 by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Notification of the issuer of the audit; Initiation of a routine examination.
- Another Solid-Waste Audit: IRS Examines $120 Million Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p40
Reports on an audit conducted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the issue of solid-waste bonds by New York City Industrial Development Agency for a recycling facility. Details of the bonds issue; Reasons for conducting the audit.