NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS
- Revamping the Subscription Agent Relationship. Harvey, Mary // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p63
Focuses on the subscription agent business in the United States. Downfall of stampsheet giants American Family Publishers and Publishers Clearing House; Setting up of strategic partnerships via multichannel marketing; Investigation of subscription telemarketing practices.
- New Year Will Bring The Battle Of The Online Academic Book Services. // Book Publishing Report;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p2
Focuses on the plans of rival online research companies Questia and Ebrary to sell services directly to students and promising to boost revenues for academic publishers. Launch of susbcription-based service by Questia; Offer of texts of scholarly books online for free by Ebrary; Ways to...
- --The Agents--. // Book Publishing Report;05/07/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p5
Presents the agents of best-selling children's books in the United States ranked in the periodical 'New York Times.' Christopher Little;' Charlotte Sheedy; Sheldon Fogelman.
- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p16
Presents updates on business deals between book agents, authors, and publishers in the United States as of April 2000. Interest expressed by Random senior editor Jonathan Karp for the book `The Dante Club,' by Matthew Pearl; Copublishing agreement between Warner Books and Cashflow Technologies;...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS Children's. // Book Publishing Report;4/21/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p4
Provides a list from the 'New York Times Bestseller Scorecard' of several books for children, ranked according to agents for the year 2003. Charlotte Sheedy from Charlotte Sheedy Literary Agency Inc.; Christopher Little from Christopher Little Literary Agency; Amy Berkower from Writers House LLC.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARDS: THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;8/11/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p5
Presents a chart showing the ranking of book agents based on the number of paperback fiction book titles facilitated as of August 10, 2003. Domination of the group by Amy Berkower of Writers House LLC with ten titles; Ranking; Literary agent; Agency; Total number of titles.
- The AHA and the RoweCom Subscriptions Crisis. Jones, Arnita A. // Perspectives;May2003, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p7
Discusses the plight of publishers in the issue concerning the RoweCom bankruptcy case. Failure of the company to meet contractual obligations to provide journal subscriptions to libraries; Impossibility of having subscribers pay for RoweCom's duty; Decision by publishers to supply the...
- Excerpts from the CircTrack 2004 Report. // Circulation Management;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p14
The article focuses on the main findings of the annual CircTrack report, which attempts to verify and expand the results of a yearly circulation survey. The recently released CircTrack 2004 report includes data on the industry's 2003 pricing on consumer magazines. According to the report, over...
- The Newsstand Is Not Dead. // Circulation Management;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on newsstand sales performance of magazines and periodicals in the United States. Unit sales of titles audited by ABC and BPA declined only 0.5% and dollar sales rose at the vigorous rate of 4.3%, which is welcome news for the magazine industry. Monthly magazines are vital to...