Trade Book Sales Started 2003 With A Whimper
- New Editions, E-Books Slip As Holiday Shopping Begins. // Book Publishing Report;Dec2012, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p1
The article discusses the top 10 bestseller book titles scorecard list in the U.S. in November 2012. It states that seven of the top ten bestseller book titles in October 2012 returned in November based on sales reported from November 10-December 1 2012. It mentions that fiction book titles...
- CHALLENGES AND CHANGES. Williams, Leigh Anne // Publishers Weekly;9/19/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 38, Special section p1
The article focuses on the concerns shown by Canadian publishers in 2011 over three challenges including the tough economic times, an increase in the sales of electronic books (e-books), and a shift in strategy at book retailer Indigo Books & Music Inc. It mentions a drop in the sales of print...
- LEARNING TO COUNT. Johnson, Tim // Quill & Quire;Mar2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on the issues related to the measuring of electronic book sales. According to Morgan Cowie, the marketing manager of Booknet Canada, the biggest problem in reporting accurate e-book sales-data is that publishers don't consider it necessary. Besides this the publishers know...
- The UK Market for Travel E-books. Oppenheim, Charles // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on a research undertaken amongst publishers and potential users of e-book travel guides. Overview of the e-book marketplace in Great Britain; Findings of an investigation into U.S. user attitudes toward e-books; Barriers to e-book development; Method of the research; Results.
- Ebook advocates continue experiments. Kidman, Angus // Australian Personal Computer;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the experimentation in the electronic book marketplace by publishers and developers. Publication of the electronic novel 'The Plant,' by Stephen Kings; Problems surrounding the online project 'Riding the Bullet'; Unwillingness of publishers to adopt electronic publishing.
- Publishing Insiders Eye Shifting Roles As Digital Publishing Evolves. // Book Publishing Report;03/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p7
Focuses on the need to avoid disintermediation between publishing insiders on the existence of electronic book publishing in New York. Importance of maintaining boundaries among people engage in the book business; Creation of Lightning Source Inc.; Influence of the emerging electronic book...
- Announcing Two Seybold Report E-Books. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;11/7/2011, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p15
The article offers a preview of the two electronic books, "Digital Printing Technology Today" and "E-Book Production Today," which will be published in the upcoming issues within the publication.
- The next e-chapter. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;7/9/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p15
Focuses on the turn of age-old editorial standards to an electronic publishing called electronic books in Chicago, Illinois. Decrease of sales of the electronic books; Process of electronic books conversion; Percentage of consumers on the electronic books category.
- The book-buying future. Graham, Gordon // Quill & Quire;May2000, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the potential of digital content and online consumer for publishing industry in Canada. Development of electronic books and paper technology; Availability of printed medias in an electronic format.