How Do Learners Define Blended Learning?
- TIPS FROM THE PROS. // Online Classroom;Feb2008, p1
The article lists several questions to ask to determine whether an online course has a communal infrastructure that makes learning fun and exciting.
- Multimedia improves learning--apples, oranges, and the type I error. Lookatch, Richard P. // Contemporary Education;1997, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p110
Investigates the contention that multimedia and computers improve learning. Failure to use true experimental design by multimedia research; Complexity of contexts; Greater student achievement with better prepared teachers; Economic advantages of multimedia; Consequences of the Type I error.
- E-News. // T+D;Sep2003, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p18
This article reports that online learning is coming to royals. Saudi royals that is George Washington University in Washington D.C. is creating customized e-learning courses for college-aged members of Saudi royal family who don't want to travel to the United States amid terrorism fears. An...
- A Special Issue of the Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology on Knowledge Building. Jacobsen, Mich�le // Canadian Journal of Learning & Technology;Fall2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the journal's special issue, on topics including state of the art research and theory on Knowledge Building, Computer Supported Intentional Learning Environment, and student-to-student information sharing.
- What is the Future of Mobile Learning? // Learning Circuits;2011, p1
An excerpt from the paper "Mobile Learning: Learning in the Palm of Your Hand" is presented.
- Technology-Assisted Adult Learning. Carrier, Carol A. // Training & Development Journal;Jun87, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p98
Focuses on technology-assisted adult learning. Establishment of the Alliance for Research and Development in Applied Learning Technology; Agreement between Wilson Learning Corp. and the University of Minnesota; Learning styles and feedback in computer-based instruction.
- The Magic of Blending e-Learning, Classic Training. Davis, Jocelyn // Bank Technology News;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p58
Focuses on the advantages of combining electronic-based learning with the classic classroom training. Demise of the classic classroom training due to the advent of electronic-based learning; Advantages of electronic-based learning over the classic classroom training; Discovery that...
- Refreshing Inspiration. Smarte, Gene // e-learning;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p8
Recalls the search of 'e-learning' magazine for electronic learning innovators. Process of selection; Innovations in the electronic learning industry.
- Closing the Content Gap: What about content syndicates? Masie, Elliot // e-learning;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p96
Deals with the scarcity of extensive electronic learning content collections that can be bought or rented by electronic learning implementers. Factors that contributed to the scarcity of content collections; Effect of the lack of content marketplace; Information on the concept of content...