THE KING OF THE HILL: CHALLENGING SODA
- Mega Districts Form Alliance. // Food Management;Feb2013, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p13
The article informs that six of the U.S. largest school districts have established the organization Urban School Food Alliance for the development of high-quality and nutritious products for school nutrition programs.
- BEVERAGES: Soda ban fizzles in CA, but some say 'So what?'. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p46
Reports that several school districts in the U.S. have signed exclusive agreements with either Coca-Cola or Pepsi in return for money which is used either by the food service department or by the school for athletics or academics. Effects of serving sodas on children's health; Remarks from John...
- Forced Choice Restriction in Promoting Sustainable Food Consumption: Intended and Unintended Effects of the Mandatory Vegetarian Day in Helsinki Schools. Lombardini, Chiara; Lankoski, Leena // Journal of Consumer Policy;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p159
This paper discusses the use of forced restriction of food choice as an instrument of food policy by using the mandatory Helsinki School District weekly vegetarian day as a natural experiment. Overall, the results show that the initiative produced a mixture of intended and unintended effects. On...
- Several Sharks qualify for TAAF games. // East Bernard Express (TX);8/5/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 31, p11
The article reports that the Wharton Tiger Sharks swim team, after competing at the TAFF Region I swim meet at the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District (ISD) Natatorium in Rosenberg, Texas, had qualified 12 swimmers, including three relays to join the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation...
- NSTA Legislative Update: ED Announces RTTT Competiton for Districts. // NSTA Express;5/28/2012, p1
The article announces that the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) is set to organize Race to the Top grants (RTTT) competition for individual school districts.
- Remember when Ladue, Clayton weren't rivals? Kvidahl, David // West County Journal;10/3/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 40, pC1
The article discusses the football rivalry between Laude and Clayton school districts in Missouri.
- LOOKING AHEAD IN HAYS CISD FOOTBALL. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/ 7/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 22, p2B
The article offers information on football games in the Hays County Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) in Texas on September 9, 2011 between Hays and San Marcos to be held at the Hays Bobcat Stadium and between Crockett and Lehman to be held at the Shelton Stadium.
- Donkeyball coming to Aquilla. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/22/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the effort of Aquilla Independent School District (ISD) to bid farewell to its gymnasium with a donkey basketball game on March 7, 2012 in Texas.
- Eating Less, Jogging More. Pond, James // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p16
Discusses the eat less, jog more strategy in preventing obesity crisis. Opinion on the revision of nutrition policies in school district and municipal government; Discussion of the development of opinion and industry consensus about the strategy; Role of food manufacturing facility in obesity...