THROUGH CORE VALUES: Defining job expectations
- What are the sales/financial ratios for your employees? Swepston, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p26
Presents the author's views in setting performance goals. Financial averages and ratios; Annual sales volume; Cost of sales/labor;; Pretax net income.
- Prioritizing goals. Straub, Joseph T. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Plant Edition;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the factors influencing priorities set by supervisors from the United States for short- and long-term goals. Charting of the organization's main direction; Assessment of the team's work load; Time constraints and ratio; Relation of goals; Creation of a visual record.
- Empowering workers by setting goals. Riggs, Joy // Nation's Business;Jan95, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the importance of setting company goals and standards in the empowerment of employees. Motivations for setting standards; Characteristics of effective standards.
- The supervisor as a coach: 4 essential models for setting performance expectations. Lebediker, Jeremy // Supervision;Dec95, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p14
Presents four models for setting performance expectations for supervisors. Setting expectations; Features of the S.M.A.R.T. model of performance expectation; Conducting an expectation setting session.
- Test of the Mediating Role of Goals in the Incentive-Performance Relationship. Wright, Patrick M. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct89, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p699
Investigates the mediating role of goal setting in the relationship between incentives and performance by testing the effect on monetary incentives on subjects' personal goal level and commitment to an assigned goal. Monetary incentive conditions tested in the experimental trials; Effect of...
- Prioritizing goals. Straub, Joseph T. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
Gives advice on prioritizing goals among managers. Factors that should influence the priorities for short- and long-term goals; Assessment of a team's work load; Time management; Evaluating the relationship of short- and long-term goals.
- Task and ego orientation The role of goal orientations in anticipated affective reactions to achievement outcomes. Jagacinski, Carolyn M.; Strickland, Oriel J. // Learning & Individual Differences;2000, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p189
When approaching achievement tasks, people can focus on different types of goals, for example, task mastery (task orientation) and/or demonstrating one's superior ability (ego orientation). We investigated the extent to which dispositional task and ego orientations towards a personally valued...
- Task Interdependence and Some Unanswered Issues About Goal-Setting Effects. Hirst, Mark K. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Jun87, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p57
Abstract: Recent developments in the goal-setting literature have suggested a change in that area's research agenda. Specifically, theoretical developments, which examine how goal-setting affects performance, suggest that more attention be given to learning, task and chronic effects in...
- A powerful tool in your evaluation. Boardman, Edna M. // Book Report;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p15
Discusses the use of personal goal statements by the author, and how they helped her in her job as a library media specialist. Benefits that come from writing personal goal statements; Outline of the format used by the author for her personal goal statements.