DOUG BRADLEY IN SPORTS/ENTERTAINMENT: Culinary director blends corporate plans, local needs
- Aramark Debuts Patient Satisfaction Program. // Food Management;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p18
Presents the goals of a food service training program launched by Aramark to establish standards in hospital settings. Improvement of the skills of hourly staff members; Training of the employees to provide consistent quality services; Enhancement of patient perceptions of the hospital as a...
- That '60s Show: Students go to the mat for `oppressed' workers. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/22/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p32
Focuses on the campaign of students at Claremont Colleges in Southern California for the support of Aramark Corp.'s foodservice workers. Claim on the intimidation of workers to prevent their joining the union; Impact of student activism on the employees.
- Exceeding Expectations. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p70
The article reports on a celebratory luncheon held by food service operator Aramark. The year-end celebratory luncheon is for the 60 staff members in the foodservice department at Warren County School District in North Warren, Pennsylvania. Justin Tech, foodservice director and executive chef at...
- Adieu to ARAMARK: Organizing for Public Jobs. // NEA Today;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p18
Talks about the effort of the National Education Association-affiliated Birmingham Education Support Personnel Organization to organize for public jobs. Details on actions taken by ARAMARK, management services contractor, regarding the failing child nutrition program of the school district;...
- Is the labor pool running dry? // Food Management;May98, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p32
Interviews four executives of contract management foodservice companies in the United States regarding their employee recruitment and retention strategies. Tom Horn of Aramark Corporation; John Metz of Metz & Associates; George Maciag of Guckenheimer Enterprises; Nick DiMeglio of Guest Services.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/04/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p18
Reports on developments related to food service employees in the United States as of June 4, 2001. Penalty of Red Robin International for child labor law violations; Donation of Aramark Corp. to the University of Delaware; Recognition of hospitality instructors by the California Restaurant...
- Food employees threaten strike. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;10/8/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p11
The article reports that food service employees of the company Aramark Corp. have threatened to go on a strike if the company fails to reach a settlement on a new contract. The New York City officials urged Aramark's corporate clients to put pressure on the food service conglomerate to negotiate...
- Mini-mart Maven. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p38
Profiles Patty Guist, director of associate programs and services at Humana Inc. Career background; Description of her job at Humana; Effectiveness of her cost-cutting efforts at the firm.
- HOW F/S OPERATORS CAN COPE TODAY: Controlling Workers' Comp costs. Atkinson, Bill // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p166
Discusses the most common employee injuries in the food service profession in relation to the Workers' Compensation (WC) costs in the United States. Strategies for keeping WC costs low; Benefits of safety training for employees; Importance of daily supervision made by food service directors.