- Full-Service Machines, Catering Serve Growth for American Food and Vending. Walters, Jolene // Business Journal (Central New York);07/07/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p4
Features American Food & Vending, a Syracuse, New York-based food service company. Company history; Key executives; Overview of the company's business activity; Number of employees; Markets served; Competitors.
- 900 HMR customers speak up: What they say about sources of take-home. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p100
Focuses on a survey conducted on 900 consumers nationwide about their perceptions of home-meal replacement (HMR) for the International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association. Boston Market food's consistent lead in providing HMR needs; Percentage of customers said to be satisfied with Boston Market's...
- Reaching the next plateau of meals-to-go. Dwyer, Steve // Prepared Foods;June97, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on higher-level home meal replacement (HMR) programs aimed at retrieving the food-away-from-home spending dollars surrendered throughout the 1990s to alternative formats in the United States. How supermarkets are showing signs of sophistication in HMR; Depth of competition between...
- Easy-prep pies. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p138
Focuses on food service operators' use of prepared pies for their food service business in the United States. Fleet Bank chef manager Charles F. Spicer's use of frozen pies; Profiting from the take-home market; Scratch-baking method used at the State University of New York's Maritime College.
- WHILE SAVING TIME, LABOR: PRE-MADE PIES THRIVE. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p132
Reports on the popularity of pre-made pies according to foodservice directors in the United States. Reasons for using premade pies; Effects on the change in the eating habits of consumers on the number of pies served; Concerns over the costs of prepared food.
- MAKING LIFE EASIER WITH: PREPARED SOUPS. Fiss, Mary Lassen // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p86
Discusses the use of prepared soups by food service operators in the U.S. Statistical data on the popularity of soups in the country; Reasons of operators for using prepared soups; Information on several prepared soups offered in the U.S.
- Selling the sizzle. Turcsik, Richard // Progressive Grocer;Apr2000, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p113
Looks at the prepared food programs of several supermarkets. Superfoodtown in Whippany, New Jersey; Grasch Foods in Brookfield, Wisconsin; Mollie Stone's San Francisco, California store.
- Humana's C-Store Solution. // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p46
Downtown Louisville, Kentucky-based Humana Inc., is one of the city's largest employers with 5000 employees, occupying both Humana Tower, its corporate headquarters and maintaining operations in five other buildings. As that presence grew in the mid-1990s, as a result of mergers, acquisitions...
- OPERATORS EYE PROFITABILITY: C-STORES UNITS TO GROW IN N/C. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p57
Predicts the growth of convenience stores in non-commercial foodservice market in the United States. Information on the convenience store-foodservice facility set by healthcare provider Humana; Details on the food items provided by the convenience stores at Hawthorne School District in...