FOR 11 FRESH MARKET VEGETABLES: Projected fresh vege. harvest acreage up 4%
- Fresh vegetable acreage up 3%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p58
Predicts the increase in acreage for fresh market vegetables in the U.S. in 2004. Snap beans condition in Georgia; Prospect of spring harvest for cabbage; Factor that contribute to the year-to-date gains of the "FoodService Director" Market Basket Index.
- COMPARED TO LAST YEAR: Fresh vegetable acreage unchanged. Thienpoint, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p48
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables during the fall quarter of 2002. Vegetables with predicted increase in acreage; Decline in the projected acreage on the fall harvest of broccoli in California; Rise in area forecasted for melon harvest; Forecast on...
- MELON HARVEST UP 9%: Fall fresh vegetable acreage up 4%. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p58
Predicts the prospective area for harvest of selected fresh market vegetables for the fall quarter of 2001 in the United States. Vegetables included in the acreage increase forecast; Projected rise in the fresh market acreage of cabbage; Forecast on the fall acreage of California's celery harvest.
- State vegetables, melons compared. // Western Farm Press;11/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p31
Focuses on the harvest forecasts on the various vegetables of the vegetable industry in California.
- Freshness Protection. // American Vegetable Grower;Aug2003, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the launch of Ethylclean ethylene detection instrument from Storage Control Systems Inc. in August 2003. Benefits for vegetable growers; Features of the product.
- Increasing Harvest Efficiency. Brecht, Jeff; Ritenour, Mark; Sargent, Steve // American Vegetable Grower;Feb2007, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p52
The article focuses on the benefits of field conveyor systems that allow continuous harvest of vegetable crops to vegetable farms. The general types of the system are tractor-mounted, self-propelled conveyor belt and mobile field-packing units. The tractor-mounted system is ideal for smaller...
- Summer's harvest. Bubel, Nancy // Country Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p14
Presents tips on proper harvesting of garden vegetables. Picking green beans before the seeds bulge; Appropriate size of cucumber; Choosing ripe and glossy eggplant. INSET: Garden notes..
- The kitchen harvest. Morrissey, Laurie Dougal // Country Journal;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p62
Provides tips on how to tell when vegetables are perfect for picking and advice on what to do with the inevitable surplus. Picking time; How to keep the vegetables fresh; How to handle the surplus. INSET: Shaker cooking..
- A zÃ¶ldsÃ©g-gyÃ¼mÃ¶lcs Ã¡gazat kÃ¼lkereskedelmÃ©nek jÃ¶vÅ‘kÃ©pe. Sájer, István // Economica (1585-6216);2014, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p102
Hungary can be considered as a small, open economy, therefore the domestic market doesn't provide enough possibility to sell the grown and produced agricultural products, exportation is vital. In the year of 2010 Hungary had trading activity on the field of agricultural products with 151...