GENETIC MODIFICATION AND: FOOD BIOTECHNOLOGY
- How Safe Is the Food You Eat? Howard, Beth // Harper's Bazaar;Oct2003, Issue 3503, p144
Explores the safety of genetically modified foods.
- TO GMO OR NOT TO GMO:. Dahm, Lori // National Provisioner;Jan2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on the diametrically opposed arguments on genetic modification in the United States. Advantages of genetic modification; Opposition of manufacturers on genetically modified foods; Effects of the issue on segments of meat industry.
- Techno food. // Science World (Teacher's Edition);11/26/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p3
Presents guidelines for studying genetically modified foods.
- Food Fight! Fairley, Peter; Gaskins, Pearl // Scholastic Choices;May2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p16
Presents a debate about the advantages and disadvantages of genetically modified food.
- Fewer signs of support for genetically altered crops. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;6/15/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 141, p2
Focuses on controversy surrounding genetically altered crops in the United States, and findings which suggest biotechnology companies are slowing efforts to commercialize technology.
- Thank you for the genes we eat. Sardar, Ziauddin // New Statesman;01/15/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4520, p28
Discusses the risks of genetically modified (GM) foods. List of countries producing GM foods; How GM foods are tested for safety; Concerns raised by agricultural organizations on the side effects of GM foods.
- Food & Safety. // Ecologist;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p11
Presents news related to genetically modified foods as of April 2003. Findings of the survey 'The Globalization of Food: How Americans Feel About Food Sources, Who They Trust, Food Security, Genetic Modification, Food Labeling and the Environment'; Denial of permanent safety certificate for...
- DR. STRANGELUNCH. Bailey, Ronald // Reason;Jan2001, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the presumed health benefits and risks of genetically modified foods. How genetically modified foods are grown; Popularity of biotechnology-based farming; Criticisms of biotechnology.
- Public concern is hitting Europe's biotech sector. Pendrous, Rick // Food Manufacture;Apr2003, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p15
Discusses a European Commission survey showing that the lack of information and public skepticism about agricultural and food-related biotechnology are persuading biotech companies to leave Europe. Lack of scientific information for consumers on the safety of genetic modification; Outcome of a...
- The Global Food Fight. Paarlberg, Robert // Montana Business Quarterly;Autumn2001, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the debate evolving around the issue of genetically modified (GM) foods in the United States and abroad. Insight on genetically modified or genetically engineered crops; Case studies on protests of European-based anti-GM activists who have prevented the technology from reaching...