WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT: Herb-drug interactions
- Interaction between catâ€™s claw and protease inhibitors atazanavir, ritonavir and saquinavir. López Galera, R. M.; Pascuet, E. Ribera; Mur, J. I. Esteban; Ronsano, J. B. Montoro; Giménez, J. C. Juárez // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Dec2008, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p1235
The article discusses the interaction between herbal remedies (HM) and protease inhibitors in HIV-positive patients. It states that the administration of HM with protease inhibitors should be avoided to prevent overdosage and toxicity. Moreover, it stresses the need of questioning an...
- Be Aware of Potential Herb-Drug Interactions. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Feb2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on herbal remedies that can cause harmful interactions when taken in conjunction with prescription medicines.
- Hospitals Concerned About Herb-Drug Interactions. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Feb2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the practice of bringing vitamins, minerals and herbal remedies to hospitals that might interfere with the action of prescription drugs.
- A COMBO PUNCH TO THE HEAD. Good, Brian // Men's Health;Oct2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p40
Tackles the findings of a study on the interaction between migraine medications and herbal supplements. Impact of herbs on migraine symptoms.
- Clinical Q & A. Castellanos, Julie T.; Nathan, Joseph P.; Rosenberg, Jack M.; Schwartz, Marie // Drug Topics;5/1/2000, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p35
Focuses on the therapeutic indications and safety measures of several drug-herb interactions. Summary of documented drug-herb interactions; Educational awareness on these therapies; Ginseng; Garlic; Kava.
- Herbal Health Products--What You Should Know. // American Family Physician;3/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p1245
Offers information on herbal health products. Side effects; Health problems that need to be considered before taking herbal medicines; Drug interactions.
- The Safety of Herbal Medicine: From Prejudice to Evidence. Junhua Zhang; Onakpoya, Igho J.; Posadzki, Paul; Eddouks, Mohamed // Evidence-based Complementary & Alternative Medicine (eCAM);2015, p1
No abstract available.
- Herbal medicines and forensic investigations. Byard, Roger; Musgrave, Ian // Forensic Science, Medicine & Pathology;Jun2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p81
The authors ponders on the role of herbal medicines in medicolegal investigations. They offer information on herbal remedies, including their sources and the problems associated with their use. They provide examples of problems that may arise when herbal medicine is added to prescription drugs....
- Deadly Concerns Over Herbal Medicines. Byard, Roger W. // Australasian Science;May2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p38
In this article the author discusses the potentially harmful effects and interactions of herbal medicines. It is suggested that changes in the world have eliminated the need to deal with herbal medicines based in a village context despite many time-honoured traditions of herbal medicine in India...