IN GLENDORA, CA, SCHOOL DIST.: 'Spirit of Service' builds on customer recognition
- ADDING JOBS. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/27/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 52, p2
This article presents several occupations with biggest projected job growth over the next 10 years. Customer service representatives. Food preparation and service workers. Computer software engineers. Construction workers. Food preparation and service workers. Some of the people are registered...
- Businesses, schools join for career development. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/07/99, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p6
Reports on a breakfast meeting organized by Kentwood, Caledonia and Forest Hills school districts in Michigan to expand their career development network for high school students and educators. Learning Community of Cascade Engineering as venue; Leadership of Cascade Engineering.
- Newburgh participates in statewide program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/17/94, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p2
Reports that the Newburgh City School District is participating in New York State's Career Pathways Workforce Preparation Program. Goal of the program; What participating schools will be doing starting October 1994.
- IN MINN. SCHOOL DIST.: Performance pay for foodservice workers. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on how foodservice employees in South Washington Independent School District in Saint Paul, Minnesota are being paid. Areas of employees performance being considered; Bonuses given to employees.
- IN HERSHEY, PA: New director reverses school f/s losses. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the changes at Derry Township School District in Hershey, Pennsylvania since Greg Hummel become food service director. Branded items that were brought in; A la carte sales in high schools; Gain from an exclusive soda contract with Coca-Cola.
- Calif. schools expand bread offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Highlights the hiring of a pastry consultant by the Kern High School District in Bakersfield, California, for its central bakery. Impetus for the hiring of a pastry consultant; Comments from food service director, Mary Kay Hammans; Benefits realized by the hiring of the pastry consultant.
- HOW TO HITCH YOUR CAREER TO A STAR: WHO'S YOUR MENTOR. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p62
Reports on the response of several foodservice directors on the impact of mentoring on career development. Attributes that a director saw in her first boss that she has tried to incorporate into her management philosophy; Resources for mentoring.
- Paraeducator Career Ladders Step up the Teacher Supply. Brandick, Steve // Education Digest;Oct2001, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on the Paraeducator Career Leader, program of the Los Angeles Unified School District in California in response to a teacher shortage. Number of paraeducators as of October 2001; Characteristics that make them teacher candidates; Levels of the program; Questions that need to be answered...
- And Gets the Customer's Attention: Cutting-edge attitude makes all the difference. Booth, Fran A. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p174
Focuses on the importance of the attitude of food service-givers in satisfying customers. Definition of attitude; Training for improving attitude; Consumers' perception of food service employees' attitudes.