VIEWPOINT: E. COLI ZAP: ED 101
- Technologies Take Aim at Pathogens. Rice, Judy // Prepared Foods;Sep99, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p40
Reports on the efforts of scientists to evaluate and develop a number of potent additions to the food safety arsenal. Technologies which are effective for producing a safer food supply; Public acceptance on irradiated food; Alliance formed by various food companies.
- Scientists Speak Out on Nuked Food. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jul2003, Issue 249, p14
Focuses on the issue of the safety of food irradiation. Use of ionizing radiation to extend shelf-life; Comments from doctors and professors on whether irradiated foods should be allowed in Canada.
- Popular protein. Stokes, Terry // National Provisioner;Oct2008, Vol. 222 Issue 10, p26
The article focuses on the impact of food nutrition and safety factor in the production of meat products. It states that food nutrition and safety is considered as the top ranking factors aside from price and taste in making food choices. Accordingly, this scenario leads to the development of...
- How Safe Is Your Dinner? Holcomb, Betty // Good Housekeeping;Mar2000, Vol. 230 Issue 3, p75
Discusses the use of irradiation technology in food in the United States. Food that can be irradiated; Marketing of irradiated food in supermarkets; Contrast between irradiated food and genetically modified food; Health aspects of irradiated food.
- Keeping Take-Out Food Safe. Milliorn, Mike // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p82
Focuses on the safety of take-out foods. Avoidance of risk factors by maintaining proper temperature and reheating; Awareness of food operators on proper food safety procedures; Steps for correct observance of food safety precautions.
- Be Smart! Be a Part of Safety Month. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p76
Features the sixth annual National Food Safety Education Month scheduled for September 2000. Participation of restaurants and food service operators; Release of an activities guide by the Foundation's Council; Selection of Marcel Desaulniers as chairman of the food safety education campaign.
- It's Time for a National, Coordinated Approach to Addressing Food Safety. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p6
Comments on the aspects of food safety in the U.S. Remarks on the number of illnesses connected to food safety incidence in food service; Accounts on the cases of food safety sabotage; Awareness of hospitals on the issue of food safety.
- To KeepFood Safe, Serve It Safe. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Aug2001, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p84
Presents some general guidelines on how food service operators can store, display and serve food products at temperatures that will keep them safe sanitary at all times. Proper holding guidelines for cold and hot foods; Guidelines for servers and kitchen staff; How to serve food safely.
- The `beefs' over food irradiation begin to simmer. Rubinstein, Ed // Nation's Restaurant News;05/18/98, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p71
Reports on the controversy over food irradiation in the United States. US Food and Drug Administration approval of the process; Three driving forces behind the interest in food irradiation; Concerns over its safety and alteration of the sensory characteristic of food.