ADOPTS NRAEF STANDARDS: Compass upgrades training
- Training changes in the millennium. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on the contents of the Educational Foundation's ServSafe line of food safety training products. Food safety challenges; Need of the government to form alliances with the scientific community and the food and restaurant industries; Food safety principles and practices maintained in the...
- WITH PROPER FOOD SAFETY TOOLS: PRIMING F/S WORKERS. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p93
Explores food safety and sanitation education in the United States food service business. Categories included in the ServSafe Employee Guide released by the National Restaurant Association's Educational Foundation; Steps the management can take to train employees toward food safety and sanitation.
- ACFSA GOALS: Leaders push for visibility, more training. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p51
Focuses on the plans of Sue Summersett, president of the American Correctional Foodservice Association. Focus on the importance of the correctional food service manager course; Connection between the association and health care; Development of a training program for food service professionals.
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- National Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) certification program. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1997, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p34
Reports that the National Assessment Institute has developed a training system for the food service industry called the National Certified Professional Food Manager Program. Modules.
- Food certification training course set. // Malakoff News (TX);4/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p3
A description of the course for professional food manager certification being offered by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Henderson County, Texas is provided.
- A running start for tomorrow's operators. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
Features the Aliso Niguel High School Culinary Arts Academy of the Capistrano Unified School District in Orange County, California. Provision of a training program for the workforce for foodservice careers; Offer of training in culinary and hospitality management skills; Tailoring of facilities...
- Tapping a human resource: Restaurants fight labor crunch with training programs. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p33
Focuses on the innovative training and retention programs developed by different restaurants in the United States in an effort too fight the labor crunch. Strong competition seen in attracting and maintaining employees; Benefits of a well-crafted training program for employees and customer...
- Look beyond foodservice for learning tools. Liddle, Alan, // Nation's Restaurant News;06/09/97, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p74
Focuses on educational and training resources on food service training. Impact of the rapidly changing technologies on food service training; Tapping into television programs and news presentations to make training more relevant to employees; Description of sources for free or low-cost training...