DIETITIANS CHIME IN: ROOM SVC., B'FAST TOP AGENDA
- Planning and Implementing an Interdisciplinary Diabetes Workshop for Healthcare Professionals. Valdez, Gloria M.; Dadich, Karen A.; Boswell, Carol; Cannon, Sharon; Irons, Brian K.; Vickers, Patricia; Esperat, Christina // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Sep2007, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p232
A diabetes education program for healthcare professionals evolved out of a series of discussions among healthcare providers. This group realized the importance and the necessity of developing a current knowledge base for themselves, their clients, and their clients' families. The target...
- Changing the concept of 'patient' to 'customer' McCue, Michael T. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Discusses the concept of customer service in the healthcare industry. Clinical side of service; Responsibilities of the customer service representatives.
- Creating, connecting and supporting active consumers. De Brantes, Francois S.; Galvin, Robert S. // International Journal of Medical Marketing;Sep2001, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p73
Proposes a framework that would enable employers to identify the key components needed to launch an active consumer program in health care business. Background on the business situation; Background on the Six Sigma methodology; Description of the activation framework; Demands of activated...
- Outcomes and performance measurement: Redefining how healthcare is strategized and delivered. Lanser, Ellen G. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug1999, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p20
Reveals how health care providers are escalating their efforts to demonstrate that they offer the highest technical and service quality. Direction towards a value-driven rather than a cost-controlling market; Emphasis on quality; Achievement of cost savings; Partnership with the public sector.
- It's not 'gelantinous,' but it'll do. Burke, Erin // Materials Management in Health Care;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p2
Provides an overview on articles included in the January 2003 issue of the journal 'Materials Management.' Elements of patient care; Topics relevant to patient satisfaction and safety; Importance of quality customer service.
- Health care's focus on the customer is in critical condition. Lipson, Fran // Journal for Quality & Participation;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p27
Discusses how health care industry approaches customer service. How health care is lacking in customer focus; Reflection on years in health care field; Details on customer service training.
- 'Redefining the patient' in healthcare arena. Stupak, Ronald; Greisler, David // PA Times;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1
Offers tips and advice on customer service in the health care industry. Importance of personalizing patient interaction; Enabling of employees to exceed the expectations of customers; Proper educating of patients and families; Addressing of the psychological and spiritual needs of patients.
- An evolution in health care? Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;10/06/97, Vol. 246 Issue 18, p66
Asserts that the health care industry is not very customer-sensitive. Evolutionary steps the industry is going through; Techniques to achieve economies of scale; `Retailization' and `Internetization' of health care.
- If only you could be treated like a dog when you go to the doctor. Dauten, Dale // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug95, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p11
Opinion. Comments on the quality of customer service in the doctors' office. Old-fashioned thoughtfulness; Need for better treatment of customers; Way to reward superior service.