Denver Airport Set to Weather Possible United Liquidation
- UAL liquidation: measuring the spillover effect. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;4/14/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on financial problems faced by United Airlines Inc. and its impact on Chicago, Illinois' economy. While United's significant progress in reducing labor and other costs may avoid shutdown of the airline, its survival is not yet assured. Liquidation of the nation's second-largest carrier...
- United To Unveil New Boarding Area At San Francisco. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Feb2014, p49
The article reports on airliner United Airlines Inc.'s 68,000-square-foot boarding area E of Terminal 3 at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in California that is set to open soon.
- United targets Oakland for U2 hub. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/2/94, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p58
Reports on the possibility of United Airlines to make California's Oakland International Airport a primary hub for its proposed low-cost domestic airline.
- United inspection station. // Air Transport World;Sep96, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p116
Reports on United Airlines' unveiling of a federal-inspection services facility at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in California, to handle immigration, baggage and Customs processing of all international passengers into LAX.
- United to invest $35 million at LAX. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/22/95, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p42
Reports on United Airlines' plan to expand operations in Southern California by investing into its facilities at the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Comments from John Edwardson, company president and chief operating officer.
- Chicago Doesn't Want to Evict Bankrupt United From O'Hare. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/08/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31695, p1
Reports on the eviction of bankrupt United Airlines Inc. from O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois for failing to pay debt service on its outstanding revenue of bonds. Sale of O'Hare general airport revenue bonds; Intentions of city official regarding United's failure to repay...
- Widening United's Newark Operation. Tegtmeier, Lee Ann // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/7/2014-4/14/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 12, pMRO18
The article presents information on the opening of a third hangar by United Airlines at the Newark Liberty International Airport in Newark, New Jersey. It discusses the size and configuration capabilities of the hangar, its technical operation, the ordering of the Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 by...
- Swift service. Bryant, Marci // Travel Agent;11/25/96, Vol. 284 Issue 3, p22
Reports on United Airlines' Federal Inspection Services facility at the Washington Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C. Services offered at the facility; Improvement of the baggage handling system; Advantages of the new facility; List of projects completed at the airport;...
- United Will Add Weekly Flights To Central America. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;5/6/2013, p64
The article offers information on the addition of weekly year-round service by airline company United between Guatemala and Costa Rica and its hub in Washington-Dulles International Airport.