PUBLIC HISTORY REVIEW ESSAY: CADBURY WORLD
- LA HERENCIA DE LA GASTRONOMÃA PORTUGUESA EN BRASIL COMO UN PRODUCTO DEL TURISMO CULTURAL. Maria Oliveira Martins, Uiara; Manuel Rocha Teixeira Baptista, Maria // Estudios y Perspectivas en Turismo;Mar2011, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p404
Heritage of Portuguese Culinary in Brazil as a Product of Cultural Tourism. The Portuguese and the Brazilian cultures have a long historical relationship that has developed since colonisation until nowadays, through tourism, immigration, literature, music, gastronomyâ€¦ Concerning...
- CULTURE CHANGE. Kebede, Messay // Meaning & Development;1994, p135
An introduction to chapter four of the book "Meaning and Development" is presented, which explores the problem of culture change and why, how and under what conditions it fails to occur.
- ECHOS OF AN EMPIRE. Hoelterhoff, Manuela // Conde Nast Traveler;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p104
Describes the socio-political and cultural changes in four countries in Eastern Europe. Czech Republic; Slovakia; Slovenia; Hungary.
- Culture Tourism as a Sustainable Tourism Type: The Ephesus Example. Eser, Seçkin; Dalgin, Taner; Çeken, Hüseyin // Social Sciences (1392-0758);2013, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p17
Culture tourism is a worldwide mass trend and it is growing at a faster rate than any other form of tourism. Culture tourism is a term developed to encapsulate the interaction of culture and tourism (Stojanoski, Elmazi, 2008). Tourism activities generally develop in places where a natural...
- Nematomas miestas, arba Geriausio KlaipÄ—dos kultÅ«ros gido paieÅ¡kos. Gedutis, Aldis // Sociologija: Mintis ir Veiksmas;2011, Issue 2, p183
The aim of this article is to find the best guide to Klaipeda's culture. "Guide" means an appropriate narrative, which constructs urban and cultural identity. The main questions are to be answered: How Klaipeda's culture changed from 1990 to 2010? What is the best representation of cultural...
- A Study of Agri-Cultural Heritage Tourism Impacts Based on Residents' Perception: Taking the Longji Terrace Site in Guilin as an Example. TANG Xiaoyun; YU Xiaohui; ZHANG Dongming // Journal of Resources & Ecology;Sep2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p267
Most agro-cultural heritage tourism is community-based, for which the residents' attitudes towards tourism development are of crucial importance. Taking Ping'an Village as an example, the rice-terraced agro-cultural heritage in Guangxi, this study has probed into the interaction between the...
- Can the Past and the Future Coexist? Brown, Matthew // Independent Review;Winter2004, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p439
Discusses the need for cultural preservation and of the past. Inevitability of the in societies; Impact of change on societies; Emergence of issues and debates regarding the past.
- Environment and culture change in Neolithic Southeast China. Tianlong Jiao // Antiquity;Sep2006, Vol. 80 Issue 309, p615
How did the Neolithic begin and develop in Southeast China? The author uses a highly detailed sequence of changes in sea-level, climate and vegetation to provide the back-drop -- and some explanations -- for the distinctive maritime community of the Taiwan Strait, whose descendants are thought...
- INSIDE THE DRAGON CHINA. Hessler, Peter // National Geographic;May2008, Vol. 213 Issue 5, p34
The author reports on the changes which have occurred in China over the years. The author's personal experiences and the lessons he learned about China from his students are discussed. Changes which have occurred in the Chinese economy from the 1980s to 2008 are discussed. Changes which have...