Refractory iron-deficiency anaemia due to silent Helicobacter pylori gastritis in children
- In Japanese patients with type A gastritis with pernicious anemia the condition is very poorly associated with Helicobacter pylori infection. Saito, Makoto; Morioka, Masanobu; Wakasa, Kentaro; Izumiyama, Koh; Mori, Akio; Irie, Tatsuro; Tanaka, Masanori; Tanaka, Shinya // Journal of Infection & Chemotherapy;Apr2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p208
There are conflicting views about the association between type A gastritis with pernicious anemia (PA) and infection with Helicobacter pylori, and currently, no definite conclusion has been reached. In this study, we evaluated H. pylori infection in patients with type A gastritis who developed...
- Niveles de vitamina B12 en pacientes colombianos con gastritis crï¿½nica atrï¿½fica. Mar�n, Juli�n David Mart�nez; Riveros, Sandra Consuelo Henao; Tovar, Mario Humberto Rey // Revista Colombiana de Gastroenterologï¿½a;Jul2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p261
We present a group of 75 Colombian adults who were diagnosed with chronic atrophic gastritis in accordance with the Sydney criteria. 28% of the group had vitamin B12 deficiencies: 9% were diagnosed with Pernicious anemia. Hemoglobin and mean corpuscular volume were not correlated with vitamin...
- INFECÅ¢IA CU HELICOBACTER PYLORI : ASPECTE CLINICO-ENDOSCOPICE ÅžI CORELAÅ¢II CU LEZIUNILE PREMALIGNE GASTRICE. MUREŞAN, SIMONA; MUREŞAN, M.; SABĂU, M. // Clujul Medical;Sep2011 Supplement, p178
Introduction: The target of this study is the correlation of the Helicobacter pylori infection with endoscopic and clinical aspects and the possible connection with precancerous gastric lesions: atrophic gastritis, gastric adenomas and gastric ulcers . Material and method: The protocol applied...
- ELEMENTE DISTINCTIVE ÃŽNTRE GASTRITA ATROFICÄ‚ ASOCIATÄ‚ INFECÅ¢EI CU HELICOBACTER PYLORI ÅžI GASTRITA AUTOIMUNÄ‚ LA COPIL. // Romanian Journal of Pediatrics;2010, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p184
No abstract available.
- Pernicious Anemia and Helicobacter pylori Infection in Japan: Evaluation in a Country with a High Prevalence of Infection. Haruma, Ken; Komoto, Kunihiko; Kawaguchi, Hiroyuki; Okamoto, Shiro; Yoshihara, Masaharu; Sumii, Koji; Kajiyama, Goro // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1995, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p1107
Objectives: To evaluate the degree of gastritis and the prevalence of Helicobacter pylori in Japanese patients with pernicious anemia (PA). Methods: Histological assessment for mucosal atrophy and inflammation was performed in gastric biopsy specimens taken from 24 Japanese patients with PA and...
- Campylobacter pyloridis and associated gastritis: investigator blind, placebo controlled trial of bismuth salicylate and erythromycin ethylsuccinate. McNutly, Cliodna A.M.; Gearty, J.C.; Crump, B.; Davis, M.; Donovan, I.A.; Melikian, V.; Lister, D.M.; Wise, R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/13/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6548, p645
Investigates the relationship between Campylobacter pyloridis and gastritis. Efficacy of bismuth salicylate in eliminating C pyloridis; Properties of antimicrobial used for treating C pyloridis associated gastritis; Role of C pyloridis in the development of gastritis.
- Eradicting Helicobacter pylori and symptoms of non-ulcer dyspepsia. Patchett, S.; Beattie, S.; Leen, E.; Keane, C.; O'Morain, C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/16/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6812, p1238
Examines the effects of Helicobacter pyroli eradication on non-ulcer dyspepsia symptoms in Adelaide, South Australia. Role of H. pyroli in the development of gastritis; Use of questionnaire in determining the change in symptoms scores of patients; Microbiological evidence on the presence of H....
- Helicobacter pylori water soluble surface proteins prime human neutrophils for enhanced production of reactive oxygen species and stimulate chemokine production. Shimoyama, T.; Fukuda, S.; Liu, Q.; Nakaji, S.; Fukuda, Y.; Sugawara, K. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;May2003, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p348
Backgrounds/Aims: Chronic gastritis induced by Helicobacter pylori is characterised by considerable neutrophil infiltration into the gastric mucosa without mucosal invasion of bacteria. Bacteria have different characteristics with respect to their ability to stimulate human neutrophils to...
- Persistent Stomach Problems. // Pediatrics for Parents;2000, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p9
Focuses on Helicobacter pylori gastritis in children.