Abbas Hardens His Stance on Palestinians' 'Right of Return'
- History and the Right of Return in Israel-Palestine. Benkof, David // Foreign Policy in Focus;1/23/2014, p2
The article discusses the stance of Israel and Palestine on the issue of "right of return" for Arabs who fled the State of Israel in 1948. Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas declared the right of return as a personal decision of each Palestinian while Israeli Prime Minister Banjamin...
- PALESTINIANS-ISRAEL. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);10/21/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5200, p10
The article informs that Mahmoud Abbas, President of Palestine has agreed to meet the Middle East Peace Quartet, if the Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem and the West Bank are stopped, and a prisoner exchange deal is done in between Israel and Palestine for Gilad Shalit, an Israel soldier.
- Palestinian flag raised at UNESCO. // Washington Jewish Week;12/15/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 49, p17
The article reports on the raising by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian flag at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) office in Paris, France in early December 2011 to mark its acceptance as member of the cultural agency.
- Abbas to Slam Door on Israel Talks, Resuscitates 'Revolving Door' for Terrorists. // Israel Faxx;10/21/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 207W, p7
The article reports on Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas' rejection of negotiation with the Israeli government after the release of Palestinian prisoners as well as the effort of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry in preventing the crisis.
- Abbas seeks to change PA name. // Jewish Advocate;1/11/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 2, p2
The article informs that Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas has signed a presidential decree in which he has asked to officially change the name of PA to State of Palestine and all stamps, signs and official letterhead will be changed to contain the State of Palestine name on them.
- Abbas Could Be Next Domino To Fall. // Journal of Counterterrorism & Homeland Security International;Winter2011, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
The article predicts the possible fall of Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas given the problem of corruption in the PA, allegations of nepotism, possible theft of U.S. aid dollars, and a scheme that allows Hamas officials in Gaza to pocket money from electricity ratepayers.
- Trying for Peace. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;2/7/2005, Vol. 73 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on the election of Mahmoud Abbas as the new Palestinian Authority President as of February 7, 2005.
- LEBANON-PALESTINIANS-ABBAS. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);8/16/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5155, p18
The article reports that Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian Authority President, will seek for request for the recognition of Palestinian state on September 20, 2011 because the temporary member of the U.N. Security Council is Lebanon which will serve as the godfather of the Palestinians.
- Islamic leader to visit Temple Mount mosques. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;1/2/2015, p1
(JTA) -- The secretary general of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation plans to visit the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and meet with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.